New Dish Network HD Satellite Up There?

PalPart1

Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
South Carolina
Hi,
I'm a newbie here, so please forgive me if this question has already been answered. I searched but couldn't find it.
Problem: I wanted to upgrade to Dish HD, but the installation technician said he couldn't get a line on Dish's HD satellite from my location because the satellite is too low on the horizon, and it would require me cutting down a BUNCH of my trees, which I prefer not to do.

He also said that Dish has a brand-new HD satellite up there that is much higher in the sky and he would be able to align me to the new HD satellite, without removing any trees, just as soon as it is activated.

I called Dish to see how soon that would be, and the telephone representative told me they have no idea what new satellite the installation technician was talking about.

Anyone here got any info on whether there really is a new HD satellite up there like the installation technician told me?

Thanks in advance!
PalPart1
:confused:

Eastern Arc is up in a lot of markets... maybe yours is there and the LOS possibilities in S.C. for the E. Arc are a LOT better than the SW was!

You have a choice of two sats for HD at 61.5 or 129 and both are operational now. And you should be able to see one of them now. The 129 sat will soon be replaced by a more powerful sat.

No one in SC needs 129 I have used 61.5 and have used it when the 921 came out about 5 yrs now. Most if not all HD locals are on 61.5.

But still...

Yeah, but is one of these satellites (61.5 or 129) HIGH up in the sky as opposed to down close to the horizon? The installer was here about a month ago and acted like the one down close to the horizon was the only one currently available here in SC, and not usable for me due to the trees...

SC residents should all be going with Easter Arc (72.7 / 77 / 61.5 ) All these satellites are pretty high in the sky and the dish 1000.4 would be pointed due south. If they were trying to get you with a standard dish 1000 (110 / 119 / 129) that would be pretty low on the horizon and to the west)

There is no reason for SC residents to try to get 129°.

A question for the gang: Could these jokers be talking about the proposed 85° and 86.5° locations that aren't even in works yet?

See ya
Tony

A question for the gang: Could these jokers be talking about the proposed 85° and 86.5° locations that aren't even in works yet?
Remember, too many installers -- not all of them -- know very little about Dish's infrastructure or plans. They just show up for work each day and do what they're told.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts