Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am excited to announce another new feature for SatelliteGuys Members! The New Posts Function!

Many people come to SatelliteGuys only for Dish Network News, Others come here only for VOOM News, others DirecTV... etc

On the old setup when you clicked on new posts you saw all posts from all the Satellite Companies, now with our new posts feature you will only see the posts from the company you want.

Just click on New Posts in the Navigation Bar above, a drop down menu will appear then select the company who you want to see new posts from.

Enjoy!

Is there a way to enhance this feature to select which ones we do want and which ones we did not want, such as wanting all of them except one or two of them, and have it be defaulted that way each time you click on new posts, kind of like a favorites list.

No.

However this function was setup to make it easier to find exactly what you are looking for.

To many people were coming looking for Dish Network info and instead were seeing VOOM stuff, this makes it easier for them to get only what they want. :)

I like the new feature that you added indicated a new post in a thread that had been previously posted in (seen a satellite icon to the left of the post. This stands out once you have checked all the new posts since the last visit. They will not pop up if you leave the sight and come back in the next day or at another time during the day will they with the new posts?

Can you add a 'New Posts - all except VOOM'? or something to that effect. I don't want to miss anything on E*, D*, Sky, etc., but I don't like sifting through all of the Voom posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)