New formatting options ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
When did the new formatting options appear ?? I've only seen one person use one of them and that was the marquee one.... Talk about annoying as h*ll !!

What value do they add ?? Are they really necessary ?? I'd hate to see things like this abused but many people eventually will.

"S" tag ?
This is a test

"PIE" tag ?
[PIE]This is a test[/PIE]

"WIKI" tag ?
[WIKI]This is a test[/WIKI]

"MARQ" tag ?
[MARQ]This is a test[/MARQ]

"GLOW" tag ?
This is a test

Hmmm, requires "options" ??

"SHADOW" tag ?
This is a test

Options here too....

I can see value in the WIKI one, since it hotlinks what you tag to Wikipedia. That has lots of potential.

I agree the rest of them are more bells/whistles, and less functional. But I am also guessing that they are now part of vBulletin's package from the most recent update.

Yeah, the WIKI tag could be useful, in fact. It's the others that "concern" me. I was just hoping there was an option to not enable them and that other users might agree and therefore the site turn them off. Granted though, most people probably reply in the small, limited reply-box at the bottom of each page and won't see these options anyway. Thank goodness ! :D

I think some have been there for some time. I use a few on my own mboard. I use the Marquee one with a bus image...

[MARQ]
busdrag.gif
[/MARQ]

KimmiKat said:
I use the Marquee one with a bus image...
I'd read that marquee only works in IE... Sadly, that's not true. :( Thank goodness for "adblock" ! :D

I'm viewing this in FF and it works fine.

I love "Adblock" since it nukes the greenies aka Intellitxt and Flash stuff.

hall said:
I'd read that marquee only works in IE... Sadly, that's not true. :( Thank goodness for "adblock" ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts