New H20 and 5 LNB for Sl.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks, will order it now! Hope Wichita,KS comes online very soon!!!!

Does the dish come with a multiswitch or is that separate? I thought remember reading current multiswitches can not handle Ka band.

The 2" mast is going to be a problem. Anyone know of a way to fit an older mast to work with the new dish?

Guess I didn't see the dish install manual on the link provided above before. Has that been added recently?

Will the H20 have an hdmi to DVI connector with it?

Tonedeaf said:
Guess I didn't see the dish install manual on the link provided above before. Has that been added recently?

It wasn't there before, so you aren't going blind or crazy.

Here's the pdf file to the new Ka/Ku dish for installation!

Attachments

• AT9_install_manual.pdf
    950.9 KB · Views: 407
So am I reading that this thing can only support 4 separate single lines or 2 dual tuner Tivo's. What about a 4x8 or 5x8 multiswitch? Will those be an option or is 4 lines the current limitation?

The bad news:

- install and peaking looks difficult. The manual specifically says using a receiver to peak the dish is not acceptable
- Its a big dish - they recommend using braces against the mast for all installs. This makes sense, as with the larger dish, not only is the dish a bigger wind-catching sail, the larger dish has a narrower focus on the satellites.

The good news:
- The dish does appear to have a built in multiswitch, so if you only need up to four outputs, there's no need for anything else.
- From the news coming out of Detroit, it appears the dish + install are free (or maybe $50? - not too bad). I'm going to let the pros handle the install of this monster.
- Since I get all 15+ local Digital stations OTA just fine now, I don't think I'll need to worry about the install of this dish for quite some time... unless DirecTV actually starts some national programming through Ka - any recent rumors on that?

Anyone happen to know if the footprint of the mounting plate is the same as the Phase III dish?

It would be cool if the installer could just put this dish in place of my Phase III without leaving gaping holes in my vinyl siding.

-Chris

chrisexv6 said:
Anyone happen to know if the footprint of the mounting plate is the same as the Phase III dish?

It would be cool if the installer could just put this dish in place of my Phase III without leaving gaping holes in my vinyl siding.

-Chris
I think the mounting pole of the new dish has a larger diameter than the one used by the ovals. The manual states:

If you are replacing an existing 18" or triple head dish, you will need to install a new mast and hardware to support this larger dish. An optional Monopole is recommended for all Ka/Ku installations.

Heard at one time there will be a smaller version of the new dish within the next year....is this still true?? :confused:

That I understood, but I suppose its still possible that the new mounting plate has the same footprint as the existing plate. It might need to be more heavy duty than the existing one, but I wouldnt put it by them to use the same footprint (making it easier for their installers).

The orientation of the LNBs makes it seem like there wouldnt be many cases where someone with an existing triple-sat/PhaseIII dish would need a completely different location for the new dish, so why not make the new dish fit right in the same spot?

-Chris

Looks like there's a solution on solidsignal to use your current mount.
sorry - I can't post URLs yet. add the "solidsignal" URL stuff at the beginning:

***/prod_display.asp?CAT=Satellite%20Components&PROD=SKY1101

Its a question if the installers are instructed to allow this or not.

I would not recommend using any adaptor that permits you to use the existing 1 5/8" mast and samller foot plate. The AT9 5 LNB dish is much larger and heaver and the existing foot plate and mast pipe will not withstand the wind loading of a storm.

It is not DIRECTV approved and no professional technician would use it.

-Robert

Is Any Directv dealer honest?

Doesn't seem so.

Ordered the H20 and AT9 from SolidSignal yesterday on the phone. While order was placed they checked and then came back stating they could not ship me the H20 this week but could ship me the AT9 which would go out yesterday or at the latest today.

I called back late afternoon to ask their tech support for the dimensions on the face of the mount (to find out would it fit in same footprint and holes of an existing dish). Call went to voice mail as they were busy and they promised a call back.

Never did.

Continued to check order update througout the day today. Never gave me a tracking number.

So I called late this afternoon. First the person said it was shipped this today and was getting me a tracking order. Then after 2 minutes she changed her mind and said they were out of them and they would not have any more until next week - so mine never shipped.

I asked why order had not been updated on web showing back order despite what i was promised - she said it would - eventually.

I then asked for owner to call back by end of business day.

No response.

No wonder satelliteguys won't let their url be posted.

Why aren't any Directv dealers truthful? They all appear to tell you what you want to hear just to get the order.

I would not do business with Solid Signal!

HDTVFanAtic said:
Is Any Directv dealer honest?

Doesn't seem so.

Ordered the H20 and AT9 from SolidSignal yesterday on the phone. While order was placed they checked and then came back stating they could not ship me the H20 this week but could ship me the AT9 which would go out yesterday or at the latest today.

I called back late afternoon to ask their tech support for the dimensions on the face of the mount (to find out would it fit in same footprint and holes of an existing dish). Call went to voice mail as they were busy and they promised a call back.

Never did.

Continued to check order update througout the day today. Never gave me a tracking number.

So I called late this afternoon. First the person said it was shipped this today and was getting me a tracking order. Then after 2 minutes she changed her mind and said they were out of them and they would not have any more until next week - so mine never shipped.

I asked why order had not been updated on web showing back order despite what i was promised - she said it would - eventually.

I then asked for owner to call back by end of business day.

No response.

No wonder satelliteguys won't let their url be posted.

Why aren't any Directv dealers truthful? They all appear to tell you what you want to hear just to get the order.

I would not do business with Solid Signal!

I never had a problem with solid signal, and it been said over 200 times in many threads that it will not fit on round or AU2 mount. It needs a 2inch pole.

grydlok said:
I never had a problem with solid signal, and it been said over 200 times in many threads that it will not fit on round or AU2 mount. It needs a 2inch pole.

Well, as you can see what to expect from what I posted, which is 100% the way it happened.

I was not trying to mount it on the smaller pole.

I was looking at the actual surface mount footprint from a drilling holes prospective.

You can have had successful dealings - as long as they have typical stock on an item and you don't get a bum unit.

What separates the good from the bad is how they handle things when things don't go right.

Pity you when things don't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)