New hd.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Ok so dish is saying they now have 150 hd channels up from the 140 i saw like 2 weeks ago in their commercial,so the question is where are they and i know dish likes to brag but was wondering if i'm missing something.:confused:

Today

become a paying member you could've found out that it looks like there are going to be temps turned on today. Can tell you which as it was said that only the pub members get to know which channels.

become a paying member you could've found out that it looks like there are going to be temps turned on today. Can tell you which as it was said that only the pub members get to know which channels.

So will we be able to see any of these or are they just testing.

When do they turn stuff on? it is past 1 PM mountain time now and still nothing. Do they do multiple uplinks in a day? There were 8 channels that have been discussed as "temp" channels for testing (including BBC America yeah!) so I am betting they are the new ones whatchel1 is talking about (but I am not a pub member so i do not know that for sure).

The only 3 channels that have been "up" in testing have been BBC America HD, QVC HD and EPIX HD and those have been up there testing for awhile now.

As we reported in the pub a handfull of other channels were supposed to go up in testing today. Now remember just because something is in testing does not mean it will EVER become available to the customers.

Please don't join the pub if you want to see the list as you will probably be disapointed, however please do join the pub if you want to help support the site and keep the lights on here at SatelliteGuys for all.

Retailer chat tomorrow... perhaps we will here more then.

Thanks!

When do they turn stuff on? it is past 1 PM mountain time now and still nothing. Do they do multiple uplinks in a day? There were 8 channels that have been discussed as "temp" channels for testing (including BBC America yeah!) so I am betting they are the new ones whatchel1 is talking about (but I am not a pub member so i do not know that for sure).

Fox Business was turned on at 6:00 PM Eastern time
in February of 2009

pays the da bills

Wow...QVC HD. That's a good use of bandwidth.

Because I really need to see Joan Rivers' busted-looking maw in vibrant hi-def.

Shopping channels help to pay the bills at every company that carries it. So that is why all providers carry them. I don't watch them but I do understand why they are there.

Yea , I'll pass, HD isn't enough to turn a Shopping channel watchable.
Maybe if there were naked female super models selling items.:p

Actually I have seem some nice models including a lingerie show on QVC HD before. ;) Sometimes there is something on QVC worth watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)