New install this Friday - quick question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

K4LK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Hi guys,

They are coming with hd DVR, hd receiver and slimline dish. I assume they're installing SWiM. The hd DVR (I assume will be an HR24) does not include an OTA tuner? I spoke to a CSR to request an AM21. She told me that she hasn't had any other requests for one. Apparently most people are okay with what ever locals D* provides via satellite? I'm puzzled.

Thanks
Dana

True, there isn't much call for the AM21. In fact, they are out of production and a newer model is being distributed. They should be able to get you one and MAY not charge you for it.

Here in Minneapolis as example it really isnt needed unless you like old movies. Directv carries all of our locals in HD except for an independent station. They even carry a PBS subchannel. The only station we would need a AM21 for to record is ThisTV

Also note even if you add the AM21 you do not gain any tuners to record. Its still at 2...regardless if its 2 OTA, 2 sat or one of each

In Chicago Direct carries a small amount of what we get OTA. It all depends on whats in the market.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)