New Internet explorer beta up and running! (windows xp sp2 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stuart, I have been awaiting the new version, to compare it to the Firefox I switched to when they went to IE v6

Well unless I did something wrong, its already on my crap list; no Win2k Pro support? I will go back and read the details. Well it says mine errors off during the install about not supporting my OS.

no it is only supported by service pack 2 of windowsxp, stupid microsoft, wouldnt you want to find the bugs in all operating systems??!?! dang it, will a mod please edit my title to reflect this discovery, sorry charper, I hate microsoft!

I downloaded and installed it, it's ok. Nothing worth upgrading to, I have never been a big tabs fan.

Also something sctrange, when I type in a quick reply box and screw up and do a backspace the curser backs up but the letters are still there, they don't get deleted until I type another letter. (Strange)

I am just now getting used to the Opera browser which has tabbed browsing as well as a speak feature for when I get SOOOO lazy I want the system just to read the page to me.

I guess I have to try I.E. 7 again.. :)

See ya
Tony

its not bad, but I will agree with scott, I have firefox and I love that , seems to me pages load quicker, and I just love how plain the browser is, but you can do anything with it you want.....I will agree with Scott, nothing too much as of right now, this may change but I.E. 7 is no big deal, just doing what other browsers have been doing! just like microsoft, playing catch up and advertising this like its their invention!

I just loaded IE 7 on my laptop and it is okay. It looks amazingly like Opera 8. I am still taking a look at the deeper features, but in general I find it no better than what I have been using. We'll see how it developes.

See ya
Tony

On a similar note-Mozilla's SeaMonkey is out. I've been using for a few hours and it is real nice. For those that hasn't heard of it, it is a suite like opera and such. Here is a snippet and link:

Some very cool features for all of you looking for an all in one web browser / web page composer / e-mail client. SeaMonkey comes with the look and feel familiar to users of its predecessors, the Mozilla Application Suite and Netscape Communicator packages, but adds many new features as well as back-end changes that improve security, stability and performance. Some highlights are: drag&drop reordering of tabs, phishing e-mail detection, support for a single shared inbox when using multiple accounts, and support for Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG).

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/news.html

Installed IE7 yesterday, and like Tony, I think it looks a lot like Opera 8.5. I have to say though, it does work like a charm for me.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Also something sctrange, when I type in a quick reply box and screw up and do a backspace the curser backs up but the letters are still there, they don't get deleted until I type another letter. (Strange)

I am not having that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)