New issue or old?

ltapilot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 17, 2011
Firestone, CO
Any one else seeing this when using Tapatalk on an iPad?
Thanks
Rick
bfdebcd694f887fb812c72a9230d56c9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I go to this forum in Safari on my iPhone, I get a prompt at the top promoting Tapatalk's app on the App Store.
Yup... Tapatalk wants us to pay them to make that banner go away. In addition they are supposed to start adding their own ads in again as well.

Since both Apple and Android devices now support PWA (Progressive Web Apps) there really is no reason for us to have Tapatalk anymore as the website when saved on your phones hone screen now becomes its own app.

Those errors being reported at the beginning of this thread have been going on for months and Tapatalk has not fixed them, it is an issue on their side. They have a testing script for the server and when running it, it says that everything is fine on our side. It seems the error only seems to popup on threads that have external URL's posted in them, but does not happen on all external URLs.

But now that they are holding the site and users hostage as they want to get paid and are now inserting ads of their own, it may be time to remove it from the site entirely. Too bad as it was very good for many many years. However with the PWA support now in place its been awhile since I have used Tapatalk myself.

BTW just looking at Tapatalk, one of their servers is down again throwing a Service Unavailable error which may be causing some of the issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11.38.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 11.38.27 PM.png
    659.1 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: charlesrshell
And Tapatalks server is back online again this morning.
Considering PWA working from both Android and Apple, I have to wonder how many of our users here actually use Tapatalk any more and if the small percentage that do can't be convinced to change over. It would seem Tapatalk isn't worth the cost and headaches it has presented over the years.

I use Safari on my iPad and Chrome on my iMac. I can use either on each but choose to go that way. I have been doing this since the very beginning and have no issues.

I am trying to wean myself off of Tapatalk. I still find Tapatalk easier to use than the dedicated web page in Siri. Tapatalk sends me notifications for new posts and it is easy to view the posts.
The big negative is that Tapatalk does not work well with posts that attach a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am trying to wean myself off of Tapatalk. I still find Tapatalk easier to use than the dedicated web page in Siri. Tapatalk sends me notifications for new posts and it is easy to view the posts.
The big negative is that Tapatalk does not work well with posts that attach a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your cellphone settings go to apps then SatelliteGuys for the setup. Notifications works for me in my Android PWA SatGuys icon.

Last edited:
Tweets are no longer showing.

It now shows "This tweet is unavailable."
I see tweets from CBS News are still available, so either the Twitter Account got taken down, or the Tweeter deleted the Tweets posted.

However, I looked at the SpaceX Starlink thread and the SpaceX tweets that Ilya posted now show “unavailable“. Maybe Twitter broke their API that XenForo uses to include Twitter content in the thread.

Twitter = X

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts