New Joey 4?

The FCC filing (publicly available here) shows a confidentiality request for pictures and user manuals that expires on 11/25, so we may see a launch or more info before then. Or the request could get extended if testing has not concluded. Only Dish knows at this point.

Reactions: TheKrell
Initially I was guessing that Dish would release their new Joey 4 for the Summer Olympics since their existing Joey 4K could not handle the 4K HDR Olympic broadcast.

So Now I hope that Dish is able to release their new Joey 4 for the Winter Olympics.

But maybe their testing has revealed problems with the new units. And of course manufacturing of everything is currently backed up.

Of course these are all guesses on my part since I have no information. If Scott says “Don’t hold your breath” that is not a good sign. Maybe Dish has even scrapped the idea. We will all have to patiently wait.

Maybe the new joey 4 w/ hdr is having security handshake issues like the H3 and dish does not want to have even more people complaining about handshake issues.
;)

Reactions: Foxbat