New Member Needs Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aspen518

Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
OHIO
Hey guys...What a great site! I hope to contribute as much help as I have received here so far. But for now, I could use your help. I just had Directv installed on Feb 17th, an H23 DVR receiver(new) and two standards, (D-11 and D-12). The stickers on the back of the standard units say they are refurbished, or remanufactured. The dates on them are Jul 07 and Oct 07. My concerns, or questions, are whether these are good units?, can I request new units?, and will I have to pay a fee if these malfunction again?. Also, why didn't my installer give me two identical standard units instead of two different ones? I was hoping to hear some advice, as when I called Directv today their computers were down at the time.Please post a response, or e-mail me at aspen518@sbcglobal.net

Thank you for your time.

A lot of retailers use refurbished units for the second and third receivers, they still carry the same warranty etc. as a new one.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!!!

Since they are leased, there is no warranty in the traditional sense. If they ever malfunction, DirecTV will replace them for you. They have the same functionality, so there's no reason to want brand new boxes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts