Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US was proud to be one of the first sites which let you customize your forum listings, We let you exclude forums which you didn't want to see.

Today we are proud to extend this feature so that what you select to exclude also does not appear when you click on New Posts.

To select your forums you want to exclude from display (and in the New Posts Search) go to http://www.satelliteguys.us/profile.php?do=editoptions and go to the bottom, then select the forums you dont want to see anymore, click save and BOOM they are gone!

Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys Member!

I'm not able to post nothing without getting a message stating it has to have approval before being posted. Also I am having to sign into everything.

I already used this feature and I really like it. It helps edit out all of the unwanted content.

Speed hasn't been an issue, but I did have permission problems...until they were fixed. Current problems:

1. I tried to upload five photos in order to help someone having problems with their newly purchased VOOM STB, however I was limited to uploading files no larger than 39k. By the time I compressed and resized the screen shots, they looked quire horrible. I hope we will be able to upload files larger than 39k.

2. Created a signature, but I don't see it. I've played with the options...is it just me? (never mind...it's working now)

3. Just replied to a thread in the VOOM Helpdesk area, but when I search "New" I don't see it. I check my options and I even reset it again to ensure I am not exclusing any forums.

Anyway, I like the "new look" and features, but they will certainly take some getting used to....

#1 is now fixed. :)

#2 Good

#3 This software marks the message you posted READ when you post it, since it displays to you after you post it.

Another this this software does is instead of saving your last read pointers in the database instead of in a cookie. This means if you use the site from more then one computer your last read will be accurate no matter what PC your on. :)

I miss the dropdown from the "New Posts" menu that allowed me to select new posts from one group of forums (like Dish Network, or Voom) at a time. Any chance of getting that feature back?

CDH.

We will look at adding that back in the future, remember now you can now select your forums you want displayed when you go into the User Control Panel and setting your excluded forums at the bottom of EDIT Options. :)

I notice that I only have to click the back button once instead of twice. I also notice that it posts my message quicker than it used to and I do not notice it having to load the entire page back up. It looks like it is just adding the post to the other ones. Before I would have to wait for it to load up and refresh the page.

Are the links for RSS feeds different? The RSS feed I read for DirecTV info is showing a bunch of links to non DirecTV info.

Chris

Having problems since the upgrade

I keep having to log in over and over, even though I check the "remember me" box. And when I try to post, I have to log in yet again, and also get a warning that I do not have permission to post. This is getting to be a real pain. Thanks--ain't software grand?!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

CDH said:
I miss the dropdown from the "New Posts" menu that allowed me to select new posts from one group of forums (like Dish Network, or Voom) at a time. Any chance of getting that feature back?

CDH.
I too miss this feature. While selecting desired forum in the UserCP is good,the drop down from "New Posts" on all pages was VERY nice. The thing I liked to most is the ability to scan other forums. Prime example, I don't care too much about E* news, but I like to keep up on major topics. This was my main method for surfing the forum.

I suppose this could assist with trolls, but it also narrows the topics selection when you wasnt to learn something new that you had no idea existed.

spindoctor said:
ITS VERY VERY SLOW

since the upgrade it sucks

it takes forever to get in .
Again, me too, but it is only on my lower level procesors, likemy PIII systems. The P4 screams.

for those still requesting the new search for forums, until a dropdown is added for now you can use this url http://www.satelliteguys.us/search.php?do=getnew&f=# and where the # is put the I'd of the forum you want. When you're in the forum the id will be the last number in the url, for example Dish network is 10, DirecTV is 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)