New Roof /reinstall dish

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Just came over to Dish in october- have two dishes - one on garage, one on house. i am under the protection plan. i need a new roof on the house and the vent pipe that the dish is mounted to will be coming down. of course the roofer said they can put the dish back -but i'm sure they're clueless. plus with the vent pipe being removed i'll need a new bracket.
what's the best way to coordinate this?
will Dish take care of the reintall under the protection plan or should i have the roofer put the dish back and then call Dish to calibrate?
any suggestions welcomed!

Just came over to Dish in october- have two dishes - one on garage, one on house. i am under the protection plan. i need a new roof on the house and the vent pipe that the dish is mounted to will be coming down. of course the roofer said they can put the dish back -but i'm sure they're clueless. plus with the vent pipe being removed i'll need a new bracket.
will Dish take care of the reintall under the protection plan or should i have the roofer put the dish back and then call Dish to calibrate?
Call DISH and schedule a reinstall after the roofer expects to complete the new roof. YOU Will HAVE to pay for this it is not covered under the DHPP.:):):) Just look at this as part of the cost of reroofing, you should have had the roofer quote the cost with professional reinstallation of the dishes. I would not trust a roofer to reinstall it themselves. The worst cases I have seen are roofing nails and lots of tar holding the dish in place or new shingles cut around the old mount instead of removing it.

Coincidence....I've got the same circumstances where I'll be replacing my roof within the next month (after severe weather season down here in TX).....but with D*, realignment is covered under the protection plan.

Same boat.. Bad weather victim. Just completed new roof last week. Called dish and they wanted $100 bucks to come re-install it and couldn't get to it for nearly a week!

That was BS...so I took trusty ladder and placed in where I though it may have come from.. Secured with one lag bolt and to my surprise, all were working! Had to do a little tweak here and there, but got the dish back up by myself and sealed with silicone. Good as new! :D

what if the dish was reinstalled but then found it needed tweaking/calibration -- would that fall under the protection plan?

Same boat.. Bad weather victim. Just completed new roof last week. Called dish and they wanted $100 bucks to come re-install it and couldn't get to it for nearly a week!

That was BS...so I took trusty ladder and placed in where I though it may have come from.. Secured with one lag bolt and to my surprise, all were working! Had to do a little tweak here and there, but got the dish back up by myself and sealed with silicone. Good as new! :D

LOL!!!!!!!

Let us know how long that one lag bolt holds. Now that we're on the subject, also let us know how well that silicone holds up for leak resistance

As others have stated either sign up for DHPP, or threaten to cancel. The cancellation threat will get you transfered to the "win back" department. Most often they'll wave any sort of charges as a "one time courtesy". But you will have to stick to your gun and not waver on your threat to cancel service.

As others have stated either sign up for DHPP, or threaten to cancel. The cancellation threat will get you transfered to the "win back" department. Most often they'll wave any sort of charges as a "one time courtesy". But you will have to stick to your gun and not waver on your threat to cancel service.

sorry, but i'm confused- i am signed up under the DHPP but bobo above says it would not be covered.

Well you just changed in October, so the tech that put it in will be Charged back for YOUR Service call for a Trouble Call within 12 months, Even though it is not his fault, you needed a new roof. You should Pony up for the cost of realighnment. Because I am assuming you all dont work for FREE do you?
I am not trying to be hostile here, but I just wanted to say it before all the FREE FREE FREE people started telling you how to get it free. Sure dish will prolly schedule to job through WinBack but they will not pay the Tech will.

Well you just changed in October, so the tech that put it in will be Charged back for YOUR Service call for a Trouble Call within 12 months, Even though it is not his fault, you needed a new roof. You should Pony up for the cost of realighnment. Because I am assuming you all dont work for FREE do you?
I am not trying to be hostile here, but I just wanted to say it before all the FREE FREE FREE people started telling you how to get it free. Sure dish will prolly schedule to job through WinBack but they will not pay the Tech will.

no worries- you're not being hostile - just informative - i didn't know how it worked with the protection plan and i appreciate your input...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts