New S229 Feature - Deleted Recordings Recycle Bin

Here's something to think about: Okay so when I send recordings to the recycle bin the DVR usage stated by the Hopper goes down. So my question is, will Hopper delete the recycle bin items BEFORE the counter reaches 100% full then? Just what exactly is the definition of "full" in this case? Who knows. I don't see any of my Hoppers hitting 100% in a while. So much space already.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

How long does it usually take to get a software update to my Hopper? I'm still running 222?
Asked this before about a good interior antenna.What does everyone think of the Leaf?

Finally! I have to say I LOVE this feature on TiVo. This is a really GREAT new feature for Dish. Maybe this is part of the additional patents that Dish got as part of the "lifetime" license when they settled with TiVo. Otherwise they would have to be careful not to violate TiVo's patent :). The one downside is the 48 hour thing. On TiVo, the recordings stay in the Deleted (Recycle) folder until the DVR needs the space to continue recording programming, a lot like a Windows Recycle Bin. But I'll take the Dish Recycle Bin as is, as I have accidentally deleted my share of Dish recordings.

DishSubLA said:
Finally! I have to say I LOVE this feature on TiVo. This is a really GREAT new feature for Dish. Maybe this is part of the additional patents that Dish got as part of the "lifetime" license when they settled with TiVo. Otherwise they would have to be careful not to violate TiVo's patent :). The one downside is the 48 hour thing. On TiVo, the recordings stay in the Deleted (Recycle) folder until the DVR needs the space to continue recording programming, a lot like a Windows Recycle Bin. But I'll take the Dish Recycle Bin as is, as I have accidentally deleted my share of Dish recordings.

On another note,if you are running low on hard drive space,the hopper will make space by deleting the contents in the bin prior to 48 hours automatically if needed.

S230 here. I was trying to replace my Sat locals with my OTA locals in my favorites list but the save, select all, deselect all buttons are just white text with a grey background. They don't get highlighted when you arrow over and since I have the curser set to invisible, there is no way to tell what button you will select. I would just arrow up twice to make sure I'm on save but I can't recall if it stops at the top or not? Turned the curser back on to work that out but needs to be fixed IMO.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

sethwell said:
S230 here. I was trying to replace my Sat locals with my OTA locals in my favorites list but the save, select all, deselect all buttons are just white text with a grey background. They don't get highlighted when you arrow over and since I have the curser set to invisible, there is no way to tell what button you will select. I would just arrow up twice to make sure I'm on save but I can't recall if it stops at the top or not? Turned the curser back on to work that out but needs to be fixed IMO.

I just change need my cursor and tested this and it's very visible. The button you have selected is outlined in white,which stands out since the button is blueish and the background is grey.

Last edited:
lucky86 said:
I just change need my cursor and tested this and it's very visible. The button you have selected is outlined in white,which stands out since the button is blueish and the background is grey.

Well, there is NO white outline on mine.

image-1098246507.jpg

lucky86 said:
What exact menu is this in your screen shot with the Save, Select All,Deselect all options? It looks like some premiums listed but I just wanted to confirm so I can pass that info along as well.

Sorry, I guess I thought I was in the 229 software thread when I posted. My issue was with editing favorites lists. If you have the curser set to invisible there, then you cannot tell if it is on save, select all, deselect all. Not in the OTA settings screen. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe a mod can move my post to the 229/230 software update sticky? Thanks

sethwell said:
Sorry, I guess I thought I was in the 229 software thread when I posted. My issue was with editing favorites lists. If you have the curser set to invisible there, then you cannot tell if it is on save, select all, deselect all. Not in the OTA settings screen. Sorry for the confusion.

Maybe a mod can move my post to the 229/230 software update sticky? Thanks

I was able to duplicate the issue once I looked around and figured out where you were in the menus. I sent an email to escalate it to the proper people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)