New Safari 13.0.2 Breaks Picture Upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I was trying to upload some pictures to a thread after updating my MacBook Pro's Safari to 13.0.2 (but I'm still running Mojave 10.14.6) and when I tried dragging the image file into the text field, it died with no message. I tried using the "Upload a File" button and this time I got a pop-up, the text of which said:
Pop-up said:
The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

IMG_2879.jpg
I will give it a go with Chrome, but I wanted to let the Support Staff know that there may be something else at work here.

Edit: Chrome still works, here's the pop-up from Safari 13.0.2:
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 10.31.51.png

I see mention of a SWFUploader in the code (I thought the system would use Javascript).

Do you have Flash installed for Safari?

Chrome has its own Flash built in IIRC.

Maybe there's a new security switch in Safari that prevents drag and drop Javascript uploads by default.

I don't have Flash on the MacBook. I wonder if it could be relatied to the new sandboxing restrictions that are in Catalina?

Hmmm, never mind. It seems to be working now. I'm not sure if it's because I shutdown this morning and restarted just now.
IMG_7070.jpeg

I wonder if it could be relatied to the new sandboxing restrictions that are in Catalina?
Sandboxing just isolates applications from each other. It shouldn't impact the operation of programs that don't need to call on other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)