New Service in Delaware

sriley05

Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
Delaware
All,

I'm located in Dover Delaware and have a new install scheduled. I'm getting the AT250/HD turbo Gold and Local with 2 VIP722's. Can anyone confirm if I'll be on the WA or EA?

Also what is the total number of receivers I can connect without requiring additional hardware (switch etc...). I've heard a total of 3 dual tuners can be connected but dish support is less than stellar.

Thanks

EA and 4 tuners. Also welcome. I live just south of Dover. I currently have 2 VIP622's. They are just like the 722 with a smaller harddrive. I am in the process of adding a third 622 that requires two switches for me to add. I am on the WA that required me to have two dishes outside since philly locals are on 61.5 and I was installed before EA came out. If you have anymore questions, feel free to private message me. Also, what did you have before Dish Network?

I'd confirm with the installer if you can about what dish you care getting.

Also, I think both the 1000.2 (WA) and 1000.4 (EA) can support 3 dual tuner receivers (although Dish will only lease you 4 total tuners).

Thanks for the quick responses. I currently have DTV but have been having to many problems with the DVR's (missing recordings, locking up etc...) Have had the receivers swapped out and everything. From what i've read, i'm not the only one having that problem.

All,

I'm located in Dover Delaware and have a new install scheduled. I'm getting the AT250/HD turbo Gold and Local with 2 VIP722's. Can anyone confirm if I'll be on the WA or EA?

Also what is the total number of receivers I can connect without requiring additional hardware (switch etc...). I've heard a total of 3 dual tuners can be connected but dish support is less than stellar.

Thanks
:welcometo SatelliteGuys. What locals did E* tell you that you would receive?

Thanks for the quick responses. I currently have DTV but have been having to many problems with the DVR's (missing recordings, locking up etc...) Have had the receivers swapped out and everything. From what i've read, i'm not the only one having that problem.

Funny you say that, I was thinking about going to Directv myself. I actually went with Fios for two weeks. Couldn't stand its DVR any longer then two weeks. Still paying for that mistake.

What kind of TVs do you have? IE: DLP, tube, LCD, Plasma.

I have two 61" LCDs, one 81" DLP. Dish looks different on each. Picture looks better on the LCD because I found that my DLP hides an inch border around each side.

I have a 42 in Plasma.

We the installers are here and it looks like i'm getting 2 dishes and will connected to the WA.

Right now i have 2 dual tuners (722's) but would like to add another in the future. Based on what i've read all i need to do is buy another dual tuner and add a switch. Is this a simple DIY project or is there more to it i.e. LNB's need to be changed or some other hardware swapped?

Aslo since i'm not on the EA I assume i could connect either 625 or 622 right.

Any assitance would be appriciated.

Thanks!

I have a 42 in Plasma.

We the installers are here and it looks like i'm getting 2 dishes and will connected to the WA.

Right now i have 2 dual tuners (722's) but would like to add another in the future. Based on what i've read all i need to do is buy another dual tuner and add a switch. Is this a simple DIY project or is there more to it i.e. LNB's need to be changed or some other hardware swapped?

Thanks!

Well Well, With your current install... we have the same. ONLY four tuners can be connected, IE: 2 722s. If you want to add ANYTHING, you must purchase 2 DP34 multiswitches. http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=40

DO NOT GO WITH A Dishpro Plus 44 Switch. Hell of alot more money and plus, you do not NEED IT.

Also, you will need to purchase two of these: http://www.dishstore.net/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=159 (allows two signals to be ran with just one wire)

I got mine cheaper on ebay though. Plug the three input feeds from the dishes in one side, four go out to current boxes. Check the picture on the product, it will make sense. ALSO, I said.... message me and I can help you directly! Plus, I got extra items I purchased and do not need. HINT HINT Where is your installer from? All philly installers I had were from around the world and didn't speak one word of english.

I have a 42 in Plasma.

Thanks!

That's odd. E*'s own tool for determining EA or WA says Dover is an EA city in the Philly DMA. Did you ask why the two dishes? With the switch you need to run the output from the LNBs of each of the 2 dishes, two from the D500 with Twin LNB and one from the D500 with Dual LNB. The lines from the DPP44 switch go to the individual receivers. It's a DIY. The DPP44 switch allows you to use only one cable per Dish Pro dual tuner receiver. Other switches require 2 cables. The DPP44 is expensive so it would be cheaper to erect your own 1000.4 that would cover 3 dual tuners or have E* do the install for the third receiver and provide the DPP44.

That's odd. E*'s own tool for determining EA or WA says Dover is an EA city in the Philly DMA. Did you ask why the two dishes? With the switch you need to run the output from the LNBs of each of the 2 dishes, two from the D500 with Twin LNB and one from the D500 with Dual LNB. The lines from the DPP44 switch go to the individual receivers. It's a DIY. The DPP44 switch allows you to use only one cable per Dish Pro dual tuner receiver. Other switches require 2 cables. The DPP44 is expensive so it would be cheaper to erect your own 1000.4 that would cover 3 dual tuners or have E* do the install for the third receiver and provide the DPP44.

Yes, philly is an EA city but depends on various elements for the customer to be added. ALSO, 1000.2 does not work here in Delaware. We only got two 500s for WA, NOT THAT. So please people, stop bring that item up. You will only confuse them. It confused me at FIRST! My above information is all you need. I am here if you want more help. I could actually show you personally. Hint Hint. Since our setups ARE IDENTICAL.

As for the DPP44, that is for use with 1000.2 with four feeds, not what we have (3 feeds). Hence the extra port.

Last edited:
Yes, philly is an EA city but depends on various elements for the customer to be added. ALSO, 1000.2 does not work here in Delaware. We only got two 500s for WA, NOT THAT. So please people, stop bring that item up. You will only confuse them. It confused me at FIRST! My above information is all you need. I am here if you want more help. I could actually show you personally. Hint Hint. Since our setups ARE IDENTICAL.

As for the DPP44, that is for use with 1000.2 with four feeds, not what we have (3 feeds). Hence the extra port.
You are the one confusing things. Laddyboy said to use a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc) dish. The DPP44 will allow a single coax run to a dual tuner receiver when using a separator. The DPP34 will need two runs for each dual tuner. The OP should ask why no EA dish (1000.4). The 1000.4 dish has a built-in switch and will drive 3 dual tuner receivers with single coax runs. He should be getting this.

You are the one confusing things. Laddyboy said to use a 1000.4 (Eastern Arc) dish. The DPP44 will allow a single coax run to a dual tuner receiver when using a separator. The DPP34 will need two runs for each dual tuner. The OP should ask why no EA dish (1000.4). The 1000.4 dish has a built-in switch and will drive 3 dual tuner receivers with single coax runs. He should be getting this.

Hmm.... DP34 the last time I looked, it can also run a single coax. So,they would need to purchase two DPP44?

Also, the person said they were not getting it. Over and done. Time to move on and answer the question they asked!

Here is what i have. They connected 2 dishes and stated i was on the WA.. (the 2 dishes point in different directions). Once they leave i will follow up with all the settings. Let me know what i should look for.

My programing package includes:
Americas everything
HD Turbo Gold
Local Channels

Here is what i have. They connected 2 dishes and stated i was on the WA.. (the 2 dishes point in different directions). Once they leave i will follow up with all the settings. Let me know what i should look for.

My programing package includes:
Americas everything
HD Turbo Gold
Local Channels

Wanna go out for a drink? I could show ya everything.

Hmm.... DP34 the last time I looked, it can also run a single coax. So,they would need to purchase two DPP44?

The DP34 accepts 3 sat positions and has 4 outputs. Two dual tuner receivers is the max that can be run with that switch by itself with two cables to each tuner. You have to use additional switches for more than two dual tuner receivers. The DPP44 accepts up to 4 sat positions and has 4 outputs. Because DPP tech ican bandstack two comm channels, it can supply up to 4 DP dual tuner receivers (up to 8 tuners in total) with one cable to each receiver with a separator. Separators cannot be used with DP34 switches. Dish 1000.2 and Dish 1000.4 antennas have built-in DPP switches for 4 sat positions and 3 outputs for up to 3 DP dual tuner receivers. I'm not sure where you came up with 2 DPP44 switches. I think maybe you don't understand the differences in how the switches work. That's OK. Now you know. There's a reason the DPP44 is more expensive and why the new DPP tech dishes are desired.

If I had 3 dual tuner receivers I would be happier to run 3 cables, one to each using the DPP44 switch or built-in antenna switch, as compared to having to run 6 cables, 2 to each, using multiple DP34 switches.

Also, the person said they were not getting it. Over and done. Time to move on and answer the question they asked!

That's what people were doing. Point out where that isn't the case. People also needed to correct some of your erroneous information about switches and antennas. Just because you have one setup doesn't mean other setups aren't as good or better. It would have been helpful if you had simply informed us why a 1000.4 antenna won't work in that location. I'm not in that area but would be interested in knowing why it won't.

EA and 4 tuners. Also welcome. I live just south of Dover. I currently have 2 VIP622's. They are just like the 722 with a smaller harddrive. I am in the process of adding a third 622 that requires two switches for me to add. I am on the WA that required me to have two dishes outside since philly locals are on 61.5 and I was installed before EA came out. If you have anymore questions, feel free to private message me. Also, what did you have before Dish Network?

Why do you need two switches? If you've got WA and a 61.5 wing dish you should have a DPP44 switch. That switch will accomodate up to 4 dual tuner receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)