Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last night I noticed there was a new Beta Software of the SlingBox Software.

Holy COW! Video looks REALLY GOOD now (and it did not look bad before!) it now streams at up to 2 MB!

You can download it from http://www.slingmedia.com

Thanks for the heads-up. This might work better than that UK version they warned me not to download :D

Did they fix the Dish remotes?

are they any closer to having something to view the video feed without installing something on your computer?

korsjs said:
are they any closer to having something to view the video feed without installing something on your computer?
There is a Florida company develpoing micro chips they can implant in your brain..but that technology is a long ways off:devil: :p :eek:

Or maybe a bluetooth HUD that looks like a handfree headset? I was just thinking about that yesterday. Would like something like that. The 1 hour comute to work is really boring. Being able to watch TV would be great.

It works pretty good. They did NOT, however, update the Dish remotes.

juan said:
There is a Florida company develpoing micro chips they can implant in your brain..but that technology is a long ways off:devil: :p :eek:

the reason i ask is because alot of people can not install software on their work computers.

korsjs said:
the reason i ask is because alot of people can not install software on their work computers.
I knew what you were getting to. For some reason, Juan tends to spoil many threads lately.

I did download the current version. There is a noticeable improvement in PQ. Just wish I had a cell phone company that could give me the speed to view on my cell phone.

korsjs said:
You can copy the entire SlingMedia folder to a CD or a USB thumb drive and run it from there.

Dial up

For those who have the slingbox or have tried this, understanding you need high speed to send the slingbox signal, can you however receive it using a dial up connection?

It may work but it wouldn't work that great. I think you need a min of 128K and that still wouldn't work that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts