Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
New user interface is live on Apple TV

With today’s launch of new channels from Viacom and content from FOX, Sling TV now offers more than 365 channels and more than 50,000 hours of on-demand and replay content across all our services. Customers now have even more options to customize their programming by mixing and matching our Extra packs. Given the vast amount of great programming we offer, we know how important it is to make finding the shows you love effortless. To streamline the discovery experience, we decided to give our user interface (UI) a much-needed makeover. We focused on personalization, ease of use and simplicity to quickly display the content you want to see. Below are the feature updates to the new Sling TV UI.

? My TV – The My TV view serves as a “home screen” on Sling TV. Get direct access to your most watched networks by selecting favorite channels in the “My Channels” ribbon. We also made it easy to pick up where you left off watching with the “Continue Watching” ribbon. Viewers can also add most-watched shows, series and movies to the “Favorites” ribbon by choosing the “?” icon after selecting any program.

? New Mini Guide – The refreshed mini guide allows Sling TV viewers to browse through all of the available live content without having to miss a moment of what they are currently watching. It takes up much less space than the previous mini guide, is lightning fast and allows viewers to filter by favorite channels and genres. The refreshed mini guide also shows a preview of what’s coming up next, and how long until the next show begins. Simply swipe up on Apple TV while watching anything to quickly browse in the new mini guide.

? On Now – The On Now view is automatically curated based on what’s currently airing and clearly organized by categories like sports, lifestyle and kids, for easy navigation.

? Series – The series view makes it easy to binge watch a favorite show or series, select it to appear as a “Favorite” in My TV or search for a specific episode of a series like “Game of Thrones.” Viewers will see which episodes they have already watched, and ensure it’s easy to find the next one to play.

? Siri Remote Dictation – Sling TV on Apple TV incorporates Siri remote dictation, so viewers can easily sign in to the app or find a specific program, channel or actor just by using their voice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)