New Software Version 7.33 downloading now...

richard_rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Was watching voom at 2:00 EST and the STB went into Software download mode. 20 minutes later i was up and running on version 2.40 Software. Anyone know what fetaures this adds or bugs it fixes. If i notice any changes i will report back.

Software Version = 2.40
Hal Version = 00.07.33
Middleware Version = 1.45.02
Guide Version = 20.02.07

One of mine upgraded and one of mine didn't. I do not notice much difference except when you reset the box it now holds the Caller ID setting in the "on" position. The old software would turn off the caller ID upon reset. I rehooked up my phone line. I hope the Caller ID now works properly and the box does not lock up.

Prior to the 7.26 upgrade, my STBs would be left powered on after an upgrade. They are now left in the powered off state so I have to take a look. Also, only two of my three STBs were upgrade last night.

I will assume 7.33 is the Caller ID Fix. Perhaps the mods can tell us what, if any, other features were enabled/corrected/enhanced.

riffjim4069 said:
I will assume 7.33 is the Caller ID Fix. Perhaps the mods can tell us what, if any, other features were enabled/corrected/enhanced.

Three things:

1 - Fixed the Callerd ID. No more previous phone displayed.

2 - Fixed the lock ups with the caller ID.

3 - It downloads the PGI in much faster minutes now. You don't even need to put the remote away. I believe the download time now is around 10 minutes for the PGI.

Please let us know if this released has not fixed any of the above.

Thanks for the update Sean. Look foward to having CallerID working.

What is PGI?

Program Guide Information?

Sean Mota said:
Three things:

3 - It downloads the PGI in much faster minutes now. You don't even need to put the remote away. I believe the download time now is around 10 minutes for the PGI.

Those were badly needed features. PGI download times were awful and with the reboot some users had I can see how they would be frustrated.
The caller ID fix was badly needed too, just embarrassing not to have a simple feature like that work. Im glad to see Voom making progress.

Now put the picture adjustment features back in and make them work.

This is what I can tell you about the new update.
I've been beta testing it since right before Christmas. Hall version 7.33 was downloded & that's it at the time but no new software version. It did not help with the lockups at all. My STB would still lockup every 2 or 3 days. The one thing that was improved GREATLY was how fast the program info loaded though.:)

On new years eve they downloaded the new 2.40 software version. After that all was ok for three days. Caller ID worked fine & then it locked up again. The diff. being it took allot more calls before it locked up & caller ID worked up untill the freeze. Before the caller ID would stop working long before the freeze.

Since that one lockup it has been just great( 8 days later). Although I've only gotten only a couple calls each day. It always seemed that when I got 5 or so calls in one day that's when it would lockup.

I can tell you guys that it is much much better than before. I can't say for sure that it's fixed 100% just yet. Everyone will love how fast the PG info loads up.

mine was downloading last night about 1:00am. didn't know what it was at the time, now i do. just called myself from my cell phone and it worked. voom is moving in the right direction. wonder if that had anything to do with me picking up channel 261?

Bummer, I got my new stb exchanged last night and it still has the older software and my EPG is still slowly eroding while the box is on, I hope this new EPG fix will cure that.

7.33 has been pushed to about 15% of customers. Everyone else is expected to have it by tomorrow.

I got 7.33 today. Don't know if it's the new firmware or just a fluke, but the box crashed when I used the antenna pointing menu to check local channel signal strengths. It hadn't crashed for months until this happened.

techweb said:
I got 7.33 today. Don't know if it's the new firmware or just a fluke, but the box crashed when I used the antenna pointing menu to check local channel signal strengths. It hadn't crashed for months until this happened.
My stb crashed/lockedup right after the download too. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

I did have a trange thing happen just awhile ago. Both boxes froze exactly at the same time on the same OTA ch. We've chalked it up to a digital OTA thing. Both boxes were able to change channels & keep going.:)

Sean Mota said:
Three things:

Thanks Sean. this is good to hear. I'm still on 7.26 and I do have my phone line disconnected due to lockups. Caller ID was working great but it kept locking the box up. Looking forward to trying 7.33.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts