New to Direct TV, and have questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mavric01

Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
I'm getting ready to switch to Direct TV from cable, and have a couple of questions.

1. Is it still a problem losing picture during heavy rains ?

2. Can anyone tell me the pros, and cons between Direct TV compared to cable TV.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mav ;)

1. Signal loss during bad weather is not near the problem it used to be.. It's not completely gone, but, here in Idaho I haven't lost signal in a year, even when it's been snowing... You may lose signal during heavy thunder and lightning storms, or if the dish gets snow built up on it... but for the most part, you should be fine.
2. Been a while since I had cable, but the main things I hear are Cost, Packages available and Picture Quality.. Also, DirecTV has the Genie now and I don't believe Cable has anything that can compare with the features (Whole Home, Record up to 5 shows at once etc..).
Plus, you get to hang out with all the cool people on this forum!!

Thanks for your input to my questions. I used to have Directv about 10 years ago, and it was quite a problem then with losing the picture especially during the rainy season here in Florida. I was concerned if that would still be a problem, and you put my mind at ease.
I think the Genie whole house DVR, and being able to record up to 5 programs at the same time were my main reasons for wanting to switch back to Directv, and also I'll be getting more premium channels for less than I was paying for with cable.
I already really enjoy hanging out here on the forum, and everyone seems very helpful.

Mav :D

1. as long as the dish is aimed properly you should not have any issues
2. depends on the cable company you are coming from. Some are really good and some are crap. The Genie (HR34) can record 5 things at once which makes it worth while for me

Thanks for your input to my questions. I used to have Directv about 10 years ago, and it was quite a problem then with losing the picture especially during the rainy season here in Florida. I was concerned if that would still be a problem, and you put my mind at ease.
I think the Genie whole house DVR, and being able to record up to 5 programs at the same time were my main reasons for wanting to switch back to Directv, and also I'll be getting more premium channels for less than I was paying for with cable.
I already really enjoy hanging out here on the forum, and everyone seems very helpful.

Mav :D

Oh trust me. You'll type something that will allow you to be made fun of......JK...Welcome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Single coax from non-SWM antenna to 2 tuner DVR

Genie Upgrade Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)