New to Dish - Pic Quality Q

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickc71

Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hello - I am not that familiar with Dish Network. My mother has it at her house and I got her a new TV due to the picture quality on her old tv - the new TV was 4k, the picture was still blurry on the wireless Joey that she has attached to it. Meanwhile it was clear on all roku apps (4k or standard). I called Dish support they basically had me check to make sure it was set to 1080p and 16:9 and it was, then she basically said that's as good as it gets..

So I thought maybe it was an issue with the 4k and returned that TV and got a standard 1080p TV, the pic is still pretty blurry when connected to Dish and clear on all Roku apps. Is there really nothing else I can check that those two settings? She has a Joey 3 in her room - and to be honest that thing has been on 24/7 for years - so I'm thinking the Joey is giving out or something?

Hello - I am not that familiar with Dish Network. My mother has it at her house and I got her a new TV due to the picture quality on her old tv - the new TV was 4k, the picture was still blurry on the wireless Joey that she has attached to it. Meanwhile it was clear on all roku apps (4k or standard). I called Dish support they basically had me check to make sure it was set to 1080p and 16:9 and it was, then she basically said that's as good as it gets..

So I thought maybe it was an issue with the 4k and returned that TV and got a standard 1080p TV, the pic is still pretty blurry when connected to Dish and clear on all Roku apps. Is there really nothing else I can check that those two settings? She has a Joey 3 in her room - and to be honest that thing has been on 24/7 for years - so I'm thinking the Joey is giving out or something?
Are you using an HDMI cable between the Wireless Joey and the TV or composite (red, white, yellow)?

IF you are using an older hdmi cable from before there was 4k, it won't give you the picture quality you want. Dish was including the newest one with the hopper 3 . Last time I got a receiver and was still with DISH. But also picture settings need to be tweaked to get the best picture on the satellite. Also make sure you aspect ratio is set for normal and not stretched or zoomed.