New TV doesn't play nice w/ Dish 625

lm75093

Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
I bought a new LCD tv over the weekend and have it setup in the bedroom. The problem is that the signal goes in and out when I resume after pause (like the signal is not strong enough for the tv to keep it). It seems to work just fine as long as I keep it on live TV, but as soon as I pause then signal starts to act up? I've tried different cables and that didn't seem to help. It's a dish 625 system if that matters.
Thanks in advance,
LM

How is your receiver connected to your television? Keep in mind you are using a SD receiver with a HD television. Your best bet if you choose to continue using the 625, is to connect it with S-video and RCA cables.

:welcometo satelliteguys.us

When you say you are getting signal loss, are you referring to actual dish network signal loss, or is the TV itself not getting a signal from the receiver? BTW, with that nice new TV you may want to consider upgrading to DishHD to take advantage of all that your new HDTV has to offer. The 625 does not do High Definition. Despite all of that, it should put out an acceptable signal for your TV, just not as clear as you saw in the store. Any additional details would be great

Actually i'm using RCA cables to connect to this LCD tv (red, white, yellow) on the 2nd output set. I'll switch it to the 1st TV output so that I can try using a S-video cable. The signal loss is actually on the TV, not the satellite. Signal looks good when i'm on live TV, and only starts to lose it when I resume from pause. You have a good point about HD - maybe time to upgrade to a new receiver.

Actually i'm using RCA cables to connect to this LCD tv (red, white, yellow) on the 2nd output set. I'll switch it to the 1st TV output so that I can try using a S-video cable. The signal loss is actually on the TV, not the satellite. Signal looks good when i'm on live TV, and only starts to lose it when I resume from pause. You have a good point about HD - maybe time to upgrade to a new receiver.
Wow, that's a new one for me. Probably not the best solution, but have you tried it with the modulated (CH 3) output? I know the picture will be better using composite, or S-video, cables, but if the modulated output works, it may be worth trying. I wish you the best of luck with the problem. Not sure I can be of much help with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)