New uplink computer..

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
I would like to personally thank everyone of you guys who helped me out by donating to getting the uplink computer up and going. :) THANK YOU! Tonight I made the First order of many coming in the next couple of months as Im ordering parts and building the biggest most badd ass uplink computer around :) Its gonna be hdtv ready and 8psk ready for those days that 8psk comes readly avabile to the gen public. Not to mention one of the fastest uplink computers :) I plan on running Windows Media Center on it and I will update this thread as parts get ordered. I feel that its my duty to keep you guys informed on whats going on with the new uplink computer. So heres the specs... Let me know what you guys think and where I should go with this. I'm also considering running two video cards simataiously. Im looking to have this beast up and running by the end of jan. :) right now im also looking at 500gb Sata dr.. and 2 gig of DDR2 memory Along with the twinihan card.. and a couple of other goodies.

1 of: Intel - Processor - 1 X Intel Celeron D 346 3.06 Ghz ( 533 Mhz ) - LGA775 Socket

1 of: Thermaltake Silent 775 with Heatpipe Cooling Technology P/N CL-P0092

1 of: ASUS P5ND2-SLI Deluxe Socket T (LGA 775) Nvidia nForce 4 Motherboard

Technical data
  • Form Factor: ATX
  • Processors Supported: Intel Pentium 4
  • Processors Supported: Intel Celeron
  • Processors Supported: Intel Pentium 4 Extreme Edition
  • Processors Supported: Intel Pentium D
  • Additional Technologies: HyperThreading Technology
  • Front Side Bus: 533MHz
  • Front Side Bus: 800MHz
  • Front Side Bus: 1066MHz
  • Northbridge: nVIDIA nForce4 SLI
  • Southbridge: nVIDIA nForce4 MCP04
  • Number of Slots: 4
  • Number of Pins: 240-Pin
  • Maximum Memory Supported: 8GB
  • Memory Supported: 533MHz DDR2

Aspire X-Navigator Aluminum ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB

Attachments

• Case 1.jpg
    Case 1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 169
  • Case 2.jpg
    Case 2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Case3.jpg
    Case3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Case4.jpg
    Case4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 135
  • Case5.jpg
    Case5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 150
celeron? I prefer AMD, they beat intel in benchmark handsdown, and I have had alot better results when I built computers then I did with intel, just a preference though! nice choice on the case I like that!

Its so goaliebob can report to us exactically what Dish Network 'uplinks(puts on there sats)' (using that term loosley, well it may be on the sat, but no feed etc) .. and what keeps us all glued here every wednesday afternoon!

Yea I like amd too.. my last pc was Intel (not by my choice) I figured I would go with intell this time as It was more stable than my amd in the past. I thought the celeron would be a nice touch as its dual core so it should be really quick. :)

Texanmutt... Yep I keep everybody glued here.. (vote for me for sat guy of the year :) )

I chose the intel celeron d (dual prossessing) and its also at 64bit. I would have to bench mark it all when I get it all up and running.. :) we will see how quick this little guy is.

Get an AMD Athlon64 X2 (dual core) instead. The bus used with the a64 was designed from the ground up to work with multiple cores, giving each one a dedicated chunk of the bandwidth. IIRC the Intel chips are still sharing memory bandwidth, which means that when you have a faster processor, it simply means it will idle faster waiting around for a memory read. Also, if you're seriously going to use the 64-bit capabilities, every benchmark I've seen give the AMD the speed crown, since (once again) it was designed 64-bit from the ground up, whereas Intel seems to have slapped it on as an afterthought.

Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T ) is a feature of to Intel's computing architecture that enables the desktop processor platform to access larger amounts of memory. With appropriate 64-bit supporting hardware and software, platforms based on an Intel processor supporting Intel EM64T can enable use of extended virtual and physical memory. Intel EM64T provides flexibility for 32-bit now and future software that supports 64-bit computing

Last edited:
stuart628 said:
hey bob by the way great game this sunday wasnt it?
No comment!

BTW, I hope the new machine will be MPEG4 compatible based on today's news! I also just built a new server machine about a month ago with that same case (different color). Overall, it's a nice case, just the faceplate showed up cracked already and is very cheaply made.

The phone line and the 522

Voom Price?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)