New viewer survey is out

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Members of the "advisory board" have probably already gotten their notice of a new survey. This one asks about your viewing habits and what new channels you would like to see added.

I suggested "University Network (Dr Gene Scott)" :)

I suggested Ovation TV & American Life TV.

I got the feel that they are going to drop some radio feeds. Anyone else get that vibe from the survey?

I suggested "University Network (Dr Gene Scott)"

I hope you are joking.

I never heard of Dr Gene Scott or the University Network until you mentioned it here. After doing some research on this now deceased televangelist it seems to me that he was a nut at best and a false teacher at worst. His third and last wife, a former "adult model", is now over the "church". If I have the wrong person or stated any incorrect facts, please let me know.

I don't see Sky Angel ever adding this channel. In fact Sky Angel is trying to get away from televangelist into more mainstream teaching programs that TLN and FAITH TV airs (Word Pictures and Quick Study for example).

I hope Sky Angel has found a way to add more channels. I would like to see Spirit Music TV go back to being a full time channel.

Well I didn't know those little tidbits about the man but a lot of what I have heard him say makes a good bit of sense and is scriptural. I can't say I've heard or seen everything he ever did though, there could well be "nut" stuff in there. The cigars and weird hairdos are probably enough to keep them from seriously considering adding that channel regardless.

If the former "adult model" repented and Jesus turned her life around, then her past is of no consequence to current ministry qualifications.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with the good Doctor?

Yeah he's crazy but he has some good teachings :)
(he's on C-Band analog and KU Band digital)

Pepper said:
If the former "adult model" repented and Jesus turned her life around, then her past is of no consequence to current ministry qualifications.

I humbly disagree. All Christians are called to minister as the Holy Spirit gives them their gift(s). However, I believe those in high leadership (such as a pastor) should heed I Timothy chapter 3. According to the info I read, Dr. Scott was dating her before his second marriage had ended. I would say this more than voided his ability to lead and also hers. Also a new Christian needs time to grow in their faith and to suddenly be in leadership as a baby Christian seems unwise to me (see I Timothy 3:6).

I enjoy the good doc.

I learned every word of the "Nutron Dance" because of the Good Doctor. :D

Its unfortunate that the Good Doctor is no longer with us. He dies over a year ago. All reruns and Sunday Services are now given by his wife.

"Get on the telephone!"

Iceberg said:
Whats wrong with the good Doctor?

Yeah he's crazy but he has some good teachings

If you are watching him for entertainment sake only then take it for what it is. But if you are looking for truth then his teachings do not appear to be biblical. False teachers and cults often use partial truth to deceive their followers. Look at all the faith healers and what frauds they are. They don't suffer for the cause of Christ like Paul the Apostle did. Instead they have big houses, lots of cars, and fancy clothes (see II Timothy 3:12-13 and Matthew 7:21-23).

Iceberg, thanks for the channel info for Dish. I will set my DVR to record it tonight to see for myself what his preaching style was like.

Iceberg said:
I noticed he is on Dish channel 218 at 1AM Eastern every night :)

Yes GIT ON THE TELEPHONE
That's hilarious, he's on a shopping channel.

WayneG said:
I humbly disagree. All Christians are called to minister as the Holy Spirit gives them their gift(s). However, I believe those in high leadership (such as a pastor) should heed I Timothy chapter 3. According to the info I read, Dr. Scott was dating her before his second marriage had ended. I would say this more than voided his ability to lead and also hers. Also a new Christian needs time to grow in their faith and to suddenly be in leadership as a baby Christian seems unwise to me (see I Timothy 3:6).
Given that I was unaware of all that, I definitely see your point. There does seem to be a wee bit of "I'm forgiven so it doesn't matter what I do" in the lifestyle, which is definitely to be avoided because it could be a stumbling block to others.

I believe NASA is free anyway. It shows up even on deactivated Dish boxes. I doubt it would go away because you sub Sky Angel.

good point Pepper. Forgot that NASA and Angel One (262) can be picked up with any box as long as you are pointed to 119:)

Iceberg said:
You can get the NASA channel for free. If you have a dish aimed at 119, call Dish and ask for the "free public interest pack". People have been able to get it with just Sky Angel

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=73608

I had to call Tech Support to get the public interest channels, but once I did, it activated quickly.

I had called the normal line earlier, and they claimed I wasn't allowed to have them.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)