New York Time: The Geography of College Football Fans (and Realignment Chaos)

The author of this is an idiot. He pretty much says that Georgia's numbers are low because Atlanta has Ga. Tech, which anyone who's ever been there knows that Tech runs second to the Bulldogs in the entire state, including Atlanta.
Not to mention that Athens (home of the Bulldogs) is in the Atlanta TV market.

I liked reading this in that, as far as I know, it is the first time that anyone has attempted to quantify the number of fans each school has. Here is a higher res version of their map. There are some real oddities here, like an SMU hotspot in North Dakota and an Eastern Michigan hotspot in Montana. I am wondering if a small number of alumni voted again and again. It's still interesting to me though.

Attachments

• ncaaf_1280.gif
    ncaaf_1280.gif
    74.2 KB · Views: 130
The author of this is an idiot. He pretty much says that Georgia's numbers are low because Atlanta has Ga. Tech, which anyone who's ever been there knows that Tech runs second to the Bulldogs in the entire state, including Atlanta.
Not to mention that Athens (home of the Bulldogs) is in the Atlanta TV market.

And there is no way that Auburn has more "fans" than Bama. It may come across as a homer statement, but I think even the casual college football fan would know that.

Edit: yes, I know the number was close, but that is just it, I dont think it is, but in the other direction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)