New York Yankees

Won't matter since we can't ven get YES in SD.
That will be THE reason I change back to cablevision when my contract with Charlie is up in JAN.

One of the reasons I made the switch to Dish is to get NESN, Got tired of not being able to see any BoSox games. Telemedia doesnt cary NESN in my area.
Lenny

As a Red Sox fan, I find Yes not compelling.

Besides, I don't want it to raise my rates.

*hides under a rock*

I am a Red Sox fan as well. (see avatar)

I find YES Network very compelling. I want to watch them lose. :D

Seriously, it appears that Dish is holding the line on *any* new programming that will cost them money (other than internationals and locals). The last few channels added were:

Sirius music (costs ???)
Horse racing channel (pays to be carried)
Bingo TV (pays to be carried)
Reality TV (must cost $0 or close to $0)
TV Guide channel (perhaps forced to carry by Gemstar?)
Nicktoons (forced to carry by Viacom)
Multiple shopping channels (pay to be carried)
Multiple internationals (get to charge $10 and up per channel)

The only thing added voluntarily in the past year that may have cost Dish some money are the Sirius channels. Meanwhile highly requested channels such as PBS Kids, Trio, Ovation, YES Network, Goodlife TV are ignored.

(raNT OFF)

GaryPen said:
Do you have any walls nearby? That would be just as effective as anything else.

Gary you are just mad because LA stole your Dodgers! :D :D Lighten up I heard that LA was sending them back. :eek:

Bob

stratguy said:
Gary you are just mad because LA stole your Dodgers! :D :D Lighten up I heard that LA was sending them back. :eek:

Bob
But if that happens, what is the chance that Dish would pick up the new Brooklyn Sports (otherwise known as the "BS Network") channel? :rolleyes:

Gary I'm surprised that you didn't have a funny retort. You know that is what I was looking for I just wanted to interject a little comedy. You know when I was a kid I wanted to be a comedian in the worst way now I can say I have achieved that goal :D

Bob

GaryPen said:
That's because there was nothing funny about the Dodgers leaving. It would be like making a joke about Multiple Sclerosis.

But Gary!!!! I lived in LA when they moved there. As a Brooklyn fan, that was nirvana. As the years went on, I was the resident telephone guy at Dodger Stadium. More nirvana, not only were they there, but I got to meet the players and everything. Peter O'Malley and I were on a first name basis. These days I could care less.

That's pretty cool! Actually, I'm too young to remember the move. The Mets had already taken the Dodgers and Giants place.
My luck though. They built a beautiful new stadium in Brooklyn, right after I left! Sure, it's A ball. But, hey! Coney Island. Nathan's franks. Baseball by the boardwalk. It would almost make up for having to live there.

GaryPen said:
That's because there was nothing funny about the Dodgers leaving. It would be like making a joke about Multiple Sclerosis.

Gary I'm very sorry to have upset you that was not my intention at all. I will never make fun of the Dodgers again as a matter of fact I think I will refrain from posting anything humorous and just stay with the topic. A little humor is not worth losing a forum friend.

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts