Newbie here

campinfool

Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
After months of debate I finally have a May 7 appointment for Dish Network to be installed at my house. I'm getting AT180 for 59.97/mo and can't wait to cancel Time Warner. Hope I'm not making a mistake, but after browsing this forum I think it will be okay. Seems most of the complaints relate to HD receivers and programming. I'm still low tech and happy with SD programming. My only concern is trying to stay away from cables run on the outside of my home, but not sure what to expect from the installer. I have 5 rooms all with prewired homeruns. I'm supposed to get a 625 and 322 and have my 5th TV mirrored off of another room. Looks like the dual tuner receivers have 2 coax inputs on them. Are they going to have to run a second cable to the rooms where the tuners are located? Thanks.

welcome :wave

They will probably use a DishProPlus Twin LNB. This allows the tech to hook up the dual tuner reciever with just one cable from ouotside at the dish to inside at the reciever (they'll use a separator to "split" it to both tuners) so 2 cables will run 4 recievers :)

I sure hope that you are including local channels and possibly DVR in that amount. cause if not, then they just raised rates after raising them in Feb...

To answer your question on the cables... I really can't say for sure but here is how we have our 322 set up at my parents house. we have 2 wires going into the house, one of them feeds directly to the living room, and another one feeds into our cable headquarters room and we can split there to bedroom and living room reciever and then to our other bedroom. The way you described it, you shouldn't need to worry about that. but it also depends on the installer.

Question: are you ordering this directly from dish network or from a retailer?

Wow, thanks for the quick replies. I'm getting locals and DVR in 4 rooms with the mirrored 5th room. I ordered through SBC to get my whopping $6/mo discount. I'm glad to hear that only one coax should be required. Lessens the negativity about the switch from my better half.

I'm guessing you're in Ohio or somewhere else close by in the Midwest. Anyway, you won't look back after getting your DISH system installed. As a former Time Warner customer I couldn't be happier.