Newbie Question: What is "SuperDish"?

syphix said:
I can't find any information about it on E*'s website...what is it, and why would I want it instead of the normal dish?
SuperDISH is a next generation antenna designed to enable customers to receive a signal from 3 orbital locations. The third orbital location allows DISH Network customers to receive qualified local or International programming.

I found the above text on this page on the Dish site, and I used this search to find that page.

If you can get everything you want with a Dish 500 (which looks at two orbital slots) then a SuperDish isn't needed.

Superdish is needed in some markets for local channels (it is just a larger Dish than Dish500 that can recieve 3 satellites, instead of the 2 recieved on Dish500).

Currently there is no need for SuperDish unless your locals are on it, or you subscribe to a few international channels that are carried on it, that are not carried on 148/61.5.

syphix said:
Is all the HD programming only available with a SuperDish? What locals REQUIRE the SuperDish?
Take a look at http://dishchannelchart.com/ for lotsa info... you can see which bird your locals are on.

The Dish500 can see 110 and 119 birds at the same time. The HD channels are on the chart down near the bottom. Depending on what HD you want, a Dish500 might be all you need.

There are two flavors of SuperDish... both flavors see 110 and 119 (like the Dish500 does) and the third bird is either 105 or 121. To keep things complicated, there are also 148 and 61.5 orbital locations for international, Sky Angel, a few HDTV and other misc. local channels - if you need to get 4 birds then you'll need a SuperDish, a separate Dish300 (looks at one sat only) and some exotic switch wiring.

video62 said:
Take a look at http://dishchannelchart.com/ for lotsa info... you can see which bird your locals are on.

The Dish500 can see 110 and 119 birds at the same time. The HD channels are on the chart down near the bottom

There are two flavors of SuperDish... both flavors see 110 and 119 (like the Dish500 does) and the third bird is either 105 or 121. To keep things complicated, there are also 148 and 61.5 orbital locations for international, Sky Angel, a few HDTV and other misc. local channels - if you need to get 4 birds then you'll need a SuperDish, a separate Dish300 (looks at one sat only) and some exotic switch wiring.

And that exotic switch wiring is not available yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)