Newbie Questions for VIP 622 rcvr

Joewee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
I just had my new vip 622 receiver installed and have a few questions of someone could answer. I couldn't find them in the help file. thanks.

1. Dishpass vs Timer
If I just use the timer on my shows does that mean it will only work for shows that are listed on the current guide and will not continue the series past the 9 day guide? It is easier setting it up with the timer. When I use dishpass it shows a ton of shows on other channels and wants to record those.

2. Remove channels from the channel guide
How do I do this. I have several channels such as my ota ones that show up twice one standard def and one high def. I would like to remove the SD from the guide and just keep my HD ones.

3. OTA channel auto entry
I can't seem to get this to work. When I put it on the channel it shows no signal but I know that I should at least be getting a weak signal

4. Combining 2 ota antennaes
Can this be done. I don't have a rotor and would like to use my big antennae on my roof combined with a small one inside and combine into one signal.

Thanks in advance.

1. Use the timer - anything you set other than "once" will continue with each guide update. Dish Pass is for presetting recordings for shows in the future - not yet in the guide. i.e., If you set a timer for new episodes of the Sopranos from the guide, new episodes will be recorded even after months of non-appearance. If the Sopranos are not currently in the guide during an hiatus, you can use Dish Pass to make sure you don't miss its appearance.

2. Be careful hiding SD on networks with HD - some networks, i.e., Food Network, have different programming on each. You can set any combinations of channels to be visible in the guide by using the "favorites" options.

Someone else needs to respond on OTA questions.

Pat:D

2. Go to menu/6/8/3. Set up a favorites list for just the channels you want.

3. Have you scanned for the digital channels? If it won't find it here it is too weak.

4. Head over to the OTA forum. Lots of ideas for combining antennas.

If you try to set digital channels manually, make sure use the actual channel number where the digital signal is broadcast and not the analog channel number. For example hear in DFW analog channel 8 transmits their digital signal on channel 9, and and analog channel 68 transmits their digital signal on channel 42. You can find the actual transmit channels on a web site such as TvRadioWorld.com or TitanTV.com.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)