Newbie w question regarding setup of dish at summer n winter home

Jenn49

Original poster
Jul 28, 2012
nc
Thanks for your help...Just purchased a rental and want to have dish installed at permanent home as well as rental with only one bill. Salesman informed me that this could be done by using one dvr at primary home which will serve two rooms, one dvr at rental which would serve two rooms (all that I would need) and the remaining 2 receivers at our permanent home. So that would take care of the four receivers. My question, who pays for the extra satellite dish and install at the second location? He said they would but I wanted to know if this is accurate since the salesperson is not the actual installer. Was burned by direct on install and had to pay installer over $100.00 for installation as salesperson said one thing and he said that it could not be done without payment...Also wanted to know about their sports package. Is it as good as direct sports? My husband is a big big football fanatic. Any info would be appreciated. Again thank you for your advice...

Thanks for your help...Just purchased a rental and want to have dish installed at permanent home as well as rental with only one bill. Salesman informed me that this could be done by using one dvr at primary home which will serve two rooms, one dvr at rental which would serve two rooms (all that I would need) and the remaining 2 receivers at our permanent home. So that would take care of the four receivers. My question, who pays for the extra satellite dish and install at the second location? He said they would but I wanted to know if this is accurate since the salesperson is not the actual installer. Was burned by direct on install and had to pay installer over $100.00 for installation as salesperson said one thing and he said that it could not be done without payment...Also wanted to know about their sports package. Is it as good as direct sports? My husband is a big big football fanatic. Any info would be appreciated. Again thank you for your advice...

Dish does not allow active service at two locations simultaneously on the same account. You can have service at two locations on the same account with a snowbird account. You take your receivers from the first location to the second when you go and change the service address to that location, reversing the process when you head back to the primary location. Installation at the winter place might be accomplished with a Dishmover, if you quality. Otherwise, you'll have to do it yourself or pay the install fee. If you want service at both locations simultaneously, you'll need a second account to not be in violation of terms of service.

There are two solutions which will work for you, 1. Setup dish w/receiver at your home and pay to setup dish at the rental property. Move your receiver between the two property as needed. If your locals are in another dma or out of the spotbeam, you can call Dish and move your service address each time you move it. Dish terms this as "Snowbirds" and is accepted by them as long as all receivers go or if any left at one property is not in use. 2. Setup dish service at you home and setup second account at the rental property. At the rental property, you purchase all the equipment and pay to install. You would only need to pay for service at the rental property as you need it, this is termed "Pay as you go".

Response from Jenn49

I am certainly glad that I asked prior to signing a contract with DISH. The salesperson knew the second place was rental and we would not be snowbirding to the location...Obviously, he was just wanting a sell and did not care that we would be stuck...
2. Are you familiar with ROKU which my son highly recommends for the rental. Any response to using this rather than tying myself up with a satellite or cable company contract and silent increasing fees???? Again thanks for your response.
3. Can you tell me how I can receive notification on this site once you have responded to questions?

There are two solutions which will work for you, 1. Setup dish w/receiver at your home and pay to setup dish at the rental property. Move your receiver between the two property as needed. If your locals are in another dma or out of the spotbeam, you can call Dish and move your service address each time you move it. Dish terms this as "Snowbirds" and is accepted by them as long as all receivers go or if any left at one property is not in use. 2. Setup dish service at you home and setup second account at the rental property. At the rental property, you purchase all the equipment and pay to install. You would only need to pay for service at the rental property as you need it, this is termed "Pay as you go".

We Sold Our House :-)

First day with 2H/1J Set-up! (and some noob questions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts