Next-Gen Console Wars Begin with Sony and XBOX will support ethernet and Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdtvtechno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Next-Gen Console Wars Begin
Sony, Microsoft gear up for May unveiling

Both Sony and Microsoft intend to take the wraps off of their next-generation broadband-ready consoles on May 16, says the Register. Microsoft (finding out Sony's press event would be 3 hours earlier that day) decided to give a sneak peek at the next Xbox console on May 12 on MTV, notes Reuters. It's rumored that both consoles will support ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity out of the box.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/04/11/xbox.mtv.reut/

can't wait

i already hava a psp on lay-away. I would have had it sooner if my car didn't screw up. I will be in line for both of these systems. I don't care what the price is. I can see myself at 80 yrs old now. I'll be sittin 2 inches from the tv playing a game on the ps 20.

I think its funny for years they have been saying the PC was dead but these consoles continue to grow into PCs themselves. A $299 PC (complete with a printer, monitor and speakers) is a more powerful gaming device, is fully upgradable, and can do far more things, it just loses out on the portability, but with hard drives, ethernet and quality DVD players why in heck would you want to risk the damage by moving the new consoles around all the time? Thus advantage lost! As long as the consoles can add all these PC type features and stay under $249, then they will have a place, but if they go over that, then a PC is the best bet overall.

The Nintendo DS & Revolution (Next-Gen Nintendo console) are going to support wireless wi-fi.

It will be very interesting how the XBox 2 will do in the long run vs. Sony & Nintendo. Since Microsoft is launching their next gen console a full year before Sony & Nintendo.

The rumor mill says XBox 2 will use standard DVD, while PS3 will use Blue-Ray DVD and Revolution will use HD-DVD disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)