Next new excuse for sluggish login - dish online / dish remote access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TG2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Viginia
Here from "the Twitter" is Dish's newest excuse as to why attempting to log into Dish Online or Dish Remote Access may be sluggish (or worse) but only so long as this is between 3 and 7.

dish_answers: If its between 3:00 PM and 7:00 PM Est. then this is a known issue that we are working on. It's caused by high volume on our end.*DB

I go to log in via Dish Network dot com ... the moment I hit submit/enter on the user/pass .. I would normally get a popup to alert me that info was going across to an httpS site ... then there's a whirly-bob box that comes down ... then you should get a box with "DRA IS DEAD GO TO DishOnLine" message to which I say "Continue to DRA" ... and normally that's it..

but when this login process fails... it takes my IE8 window with it... and I have to cancel/kill the window.

If I go to dish dot sling dot com .... I can type my user/pass there and I'm into the guide or my dvr and selecting content without any delay.

And its been getting worse since the authentication included using Amazon's cloud computing services to process. dismal dismal dismal!

Oh.. I know... I do know.. :)

Its just that the quote I put is from their Twitter account, and actually gives a "known time frame" for the issue on a daily basis.. The stupid thing.. is that dish.sling.com works every time, and quickly.

dish.sling.com is the oldest method I know.. and am surprised it still works.. :) though I guess as long as they have DRA it will still .. because dish.sling.com is where you're redirected if you attempt to go to a specific server (like dish11.sling.com) ... it pushes you back to dish.sling.com logs you in, and then takes you to the preferred server for your account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)