NFL network versus Sunday Ticket

Kizzer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Nebraska
Can someone please compare these two. I have already decided to go with Dish network over DirecTV, but I would like to get additional football this year. Can you please tell me about my options? We enjoyed both college and pro. Thank you.

You can get just about any college football game televised with Dish. You get the NFL on the NFL Channel, ESPN, and your local TV channel. If you get the Multi-sport package you will also get the NFL Red Zone channel and RSNs that are not in your area.

Compare the two? NFL Network is the single dedicated NFL channel, lots of news, talk, etc. Only live games shown on this channel are the Thursday Night games they televise. It is a regular channel included as part of your programming package. RedZone is an additional channel that is part of the add-on Multisport pack that only shows NFL programming on Sundays, and flips back and forth between games when teams are in the "Red Zone", and otherwise shows stats, highlights, etc.

On the other end of the spectrum...Sunday Ticket is the NFL's equivalent to MLB's Extra Innings or NBA's League Pass, where ALL games regardless of market are available each week on multiple dedicated channels. These all require add'l subscription costs. (I think I read the full price on DirecTV was like $360 for the season, though some get special deals to get it for less). The main difference is that MLB and NBA offerings are available on many different providers, including both Dish and DirecTV, but NFL Sunday Ticket is only available on DirecTV.

Love NFL Redone channel. Seven hours on Sunday, no commercials, all football. They show every team's plays within the 20 yard line, all scoring plays, any highlight plays, all almost when they are happening. Use slight tape delays and double screens to cover everything. They pick one game each week to follow when nothing is happening in other games.

Very addicting! I'll flip to during commercials of my team's game, then go to it full time afterwards. For me I much prefer it to Sunday Ticket.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)