NFL Sunday Ticket Offer For "Low Risk" customers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got this in my inbox... Anyone know what a low risk customer is?

Great news! You can now offer your new low risk customers an additional instant savings of $10/mo. for 5 months!

This offer is only available on PREMIER or LO MÃXIMOâ„¢ packages bundled with NFL SUNDAY TICKET and is in addition to the National Offer. Eligible customers may qualify for both!

This is a great way to fire up your NFL SUNDAY TICKET sales!

Please note: Dealers can only use this closing offer on 50% of their total NFL
SUNDAY TICKET sales. A $50 chargeback will apply to each transaction over
50%.

QUICK FACTS

* Available to new, low-risk customers only (medium to high-risk customers
are
not eligible)
* Available for accounts created between 8/27/10 – 10/6/10
* This offer cannot be advertised

My guess is good credit rating, and someone who is less likely to break contract. Although I don't know how they would judge the second one.

I too would guess credit, they are very finiky on that. Cool that they are giving the dealers some access to discounts for new customers beyond the current promo.

Premier is a big money maker for them so its not surprising having it nets you more discounts.

As for low vs high risk, I'm guessing the only way they would know that is:

1. Prior history with you if available
2. Credit score

I'm guessing either Sunday Ticket subs were much lower than expected or they are starting to see turn over and need to sweeten the deals to keep new subs flowing. Perhaps both as the deluge of new subs from all the new HD must be coming to a close (competition is much fiercer and Directv no longer has a the huge advantage) and those contracts are starting to roll over now. Also with the current economy many are probably dropping Sunday ticket or not considering getting it because of money being tight.

My guess is good credit rating, and someone who is less likely to break contract. Although I don't know how they would judge the second one.

Well, I imagine that it's customers who don't just stay with DirecTV for the length of their commitment then cancel and switch to somebody else, then after a year or two come back. Judging by some of the posts on forums like this, there seem to be quite a few who have left and returned multiple times. That's probably one of several things they consider.

Like many companies, DirecTV seems to prefer loyal customers who stick with them. That's not to say those people may not have valid reasons for switching, just that it's something DirecTV considers when offering deals.

i agree with Markfp-1, I left DirecTV after 3 yrs, long story short they wouldnt wait a day for payment, and I said fine, bye bye.

I admit, I hated leaving but i had to take a stand, but im back after a yr of not having them.

Anyway, low risk hould be like said staying with them for the 2 yrs and even signing more deals and commiting and staying.

I dont think the whole credit should be considered, not everyone has great credit, I dont, and had to pay for all boxes, which i admit i wasnt happy, but was more than willingly to, so i called them up asked if they had any offer, the gentlemen was nice and pleasent and said wait a yr, then call and they might be able to hook me up with a good/great offer.

I honestly, Have never had a bad issue with them, unlike Dish and Cable.

I guarantee, unless im forced somewhere where i cant have them, will never leave DTV. I wanna be loyal and sop that shows up on my credit report.

i agree with Markfp-1, I left DirecTV after 3 yrs, long story short they wouldnt wait a day for payment, and I said fine, bye bye.

I admit, I hated leaving but i had to take a stand, but im back after a yr of not having them.

Anyway, low risk hould be like said staying with them for the 2 yrs and even signing more deals and commiting and staying.

I dont think the whole credit should be considered, not everyone has great credit, I dont, and had to pay for all boxes, which i admit i wasnt happy, but was more than willingly to, so i called them up asked if they had any offer, the gentlemen was nice and pleasent and said wait a yr, then call and they might be able to hook me up with a good/great offer.

I honestly, Have never had a bad issue with them, unlike Dish and Cable.

I guarantee, unless im forced somewhere where i cant have them, will never leave DTV. I wanna be loyal and sop that shows up on my credit report.

If you've been with them, then they could look at your history paying your bills with them and decide if your a risk.
If you have not ever been with them, a Credit report would be the only way for them to see if your a risk of not paying your bills.

Status
Please reply by conversation.