Nflhd Vs Dish

PHC

Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Hi, I sent NFL network an e-mail asking when they were going to start broadcast more of there shows in HD. ( All I have seen in HD were a few games, the week before the superbowl and the combine. ) This is the responce that I received.

We do broadcast almost all of our shows in HD. Dish Network decides
which shows they will provide in HD to you. The best thing you can do is
let them know you are interested in having more of NFL Network's
broadcasts in HD.

So who is B. S. ing me?

Thanks

I think the NFL has DirecTV and Dish mixed up. At Dish we have a dedicated HD channel, at DTV they put the games on channel 95, otherwise they don't normally carry the NFLHD. I enjoyed all of the HD programming during SB week, but they went right back to the SD crap after. I don't see why Dish would allocate and HD channel and not pass it through, I doubt they control the SD/HD.

Most of the old games (pre-early 2000's) were not recorded in HD by the networks. There will be portions of those shows in HD though due to NFL Films using film.

I just wish NFL HD would put those studio shows in HD.

If the NFL network wants us to believe they are at least equal with the four letter, then the majority of studio programs should be in HD. As long as the four letter has NFL Live in HD and the NFL has Total Access in SD, the NFL Network will be in the minor leagues as a network. Relieving Bryant Gumbel as a play by play announcer would help tremendously as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts