NHL Center Ice

jtoo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 26, 2013
Maine
Hey all,

For those who love their hockey like I do, NHL Center Ice it's now up for purchase under PPV for $160. It looks like you can still authenticate NHL TV (online streaming access) by subscribing to Center Ice. Available a lot earlier than last year via Dish so some pre-season games may be available this weekend.

Most games are in HD with the exception of when the Canadian teams are playing each other (i.e. Edmonton vs Calgary) and then it's usually SD only. But with NHL TV online everything is in HD and that comes with Center Ice now which I find makes for good value.

Most games are in HD with the exception of when the Canadian teams are playing each other (i.e. Edmonton vs Calgary) and then it's usually SD only. But with NHL TV online everything is in HD and that comes with Center Ice now which I find makes for good value.
Thank you. A few years ago, I looked into it and it seemed most games were SD. Then the Sabres tanked and I had no desire to watch, but now that they're added a ton of talent, I want to consider Center Ice again. You just answered my first question. $160.00 is a great deal for for 7 months of Hockey

Hey all,

For those who love their hockey like I do, NHL Center Ice it's now up for purchase under PPV for $160. It looks like you can still authenticate NHL TV (online streaming access) by subscribing to Center Ice. Available a lot earlier than last year via Dish so some pre-season games may be available this weekend.

So you're saying the NHL.TV is included if you subscribe to Center Ice? How do you setup your account afterwards? I'm interested in this as I just cancelled my NHL.TV subscription since it's been a POS the last couple years, but if it's included for free with the Center Ice, it might be worth it for when I'm away from home.

Sorry I can't seem to post the link for some reason, but when you go NHL TV there's an option for Dish Center Ice subscribers to activate it. You may need to create an NHL account, but it will work.

Has anyone been able to use Center Ice credentials to log into other NHL.tv apps? There is a link on the ROKU NHL app for the Rogers NHL package, but I don't see one for Center Ice.

Or is the Center Ice validation only possible on NHL.tv in a browser?

Has anyone been able to use Center Ice credentials to log into other NHL.tv apps? There is a link on the ROKU NHL app for the Rogers NHL package, but I don't see one for Center Ice.

Or is the Center Ice validation only possible on NHL.tv in a browser?

Yes I have on ROKU. With luck, you've been able to log in on your ROKU by now. Many of my logins are remembered by my devices from last season, but hopefully this is enough of an outline to help you get in on your ROKU.

As mentioned in an earlier post, on your computer create your NHL.COM account first.

Then on your computer go to the NHL Center Ice Activation site and activate your DISH subscription using your DISH Network credentials. You should get a message saying that your activation was successful. It will also tell you to go to NHL.COM TV to select a game. NOTE: AS EARLIER STATED BY SOMEONE ELSE, SATELLITE GUYS POSTING SCREWS UP THE TYPED ACTIVATION LINK. So eliminate the spaces in this comment and use http:// www. nhl. com / activate

Just to be sure, you can try to load a game on your computer to verify that everything is working.

Now go to your ROKU and NHL app. My login was remembered from last year so I don't know exactly what you will see, but you should be able to login on the ROKU using your NHL.COM credentials

Good luck.

Is Coach's Corner on Center Ice? Found a TSN stream on ESPN+ but it looks like they black out the commercials.
The intermission break is also blacked out. Lemme know where there's a Hockey Night stream, thanks.

Tonight I found an interesting feature between Dish/Center Ice and the NHL app that's making my wife and I very happy as big hockey fans. Dish listed the Maple Leafs-Redwings game on Fox Sports Detroit in the program guide RSN listings, but with the note that it's not available in our current location (NY). I pulled up the NHL app on my phone to follow the game progress, and when I tried the "Live" button for the game, I was offered a choice of the Toronto or Detroit feeds. I selected Detroit and the streaming game popped right up in progress. I quickly pulled up the NHL app on our FireTVstick, and we're currently enjoying the game in HD on the big screen. Having options is great... Go Wings! :clapping

Reactions: HipKat and pattykay
The NHL needs to stop blacking out games on NHL Network as national games. In case you didn't know whenever a game is on a national network the game is not available via NHL.TV. The national networks are NBC, NBCSN and wait for it.......The NHL Network. The problem is some cable systems do not even offer NBCSN or NHL Network as an option with the NHL Network often not available.

Reactions: AntiMoz
I wonder if that's a contractual issue with the networks... I have the NBC and NBCSN live streaming apps on my FireTVstick that should let me stream the NHL games if I don't have Dish available at the time. I also have the NHL app of course.

I wonder if that's a contractual issue with the networks... I have the NBC and NBCSN live streaming apps on my FireTVstick that should let me stream the NHL games if I don't have Dish available at the time. I also have the NHL app of course.
Probably contractual with NBC and NBCSN but the NHL owns both the NHL Channel and NHL.TV so yeah. Mlb.tv has figured it out so very few games are blacked out, NHL needs to figure it out, the Blackhawks have over a quarter of their games on "national" broadcasts making the NHL.TV. Sub less cost effective for Hawks fans.

Of course the NHL owns the NHL channel and NHL.TV, but if NBC negotiated an exclusive deal ($$$) for those games...

You are correct about exclusivity but the games shown on NBC and NBCSN are not simulcast on NHL Network.

It is very annoying that the games shown on NHL Network are not available on NHL.tv., particularly when I'm on the road and NHL Network is carrying a game I'd like to watch. Games shown on NBCSN are available through their app assuming I have a decent internet connection where I'm staying.

Sadly this is almost a total NBC fault... It is very clear if you watch the NHL Network enough that they block any Fox Sports logo with their network logo during highlights/live games. If the game is live and on a NBC regional they gladly show the NBC logo by moving their NHL network logo down a bit. Im thinking the NHL Network is predominately owned by NBC. I just wish they offered a live stream of the NHL Network.

Sadly this is almost a total NBC fault... It is very clear if you watch the NHL Network enough that they block any Fox Sports logo with their network logo during highlights/live games. If the game is live and on a NBC regional they gladly show the NBC logo by moving their NHL network logo down a bit. Im thinking the NHL Network is predominately owned by NBC. I just wish they offered a live stream of the NHL Network.
I'm shocked that they don't. Season starts Tuesday, I need to decide if I want to risk paying to watch Sabres games or are they going to be horrible again this year

Of course the NHL owns the NHL channel and NHL.TV, but if NBC negotiated an exclusive deal ($$$) for those games...
I understand for the games on NBC and NBCSN but an NBC exclusivity deal should have nothing to do with games broadcast on the NHL Network, most of the time NHL Network is just picking up the RSN feed anyway. One of the most infuriating things is, if your team is in the hunt for the playoffs NHL Channel will add games at the end of the season then black those out on NHL.TV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)