Nick HD, MTV HD, and VH1 HD - No longer in Bronze HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tsheley

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
If you look at the Dish Network site under the HD Programming you will see that Nick HD, MTV HD, and VH1 HD are not listed under the HD add-on for Classic Bronze 100 and are only listed in the Silver and higher. I get these channels now in and I have Classic Bronze 100 and HD. Are we going to loose those HD Channels now?

http://www.dishnetwork.com/turbohd/default.aspx

Last edited:
If you look at the Dish Network site under the HD Programming you will see that Nick HD, MTV HD, and VH1 HD are not listed under the HD add-on for Classic Bronze 100 and are only listed in the Silver and higher. I get these channels now in and I have Classic Bronze 100 and HD. Are we going to loose those HD Channels now?

HDTV - High Definition Programming Options

They are working on the website and making changes. I would not panic just yet.

I wonder if this is the "price" folks will have to pay to get the PlatinumHD free.

You will get to keep Nick HD, etc because you had it before and get grandfathered in.

However, if you want the new HD + Platinum for free, then you also get converted to the new packages, so by by to Nick HD, etc if you have BronzeHD ...

Sigh ...

Wait and see ...

Don't worry. Dish will tighten them up again soon. :) You wont lose them.

Dish probably monitors this board (and others) and picks up problems as reported and fixes their web site. They know every possible aspect of the web site will be scrutinized here.

(sigh)...Weren't they NEVER there? Doesn't the website only list the TURBO channels, and those three aren't in Turbo?

I swear we just discussed this a couple of days ago...it doesn't list those OR the Fox channels. The website stinks. Stop using it to get yourselves into a froth.

EDIT- Look at the link you posted...it SAYS "TurboHD". Those aren't TurboHD channels. Annoying, yes, but nothing new.

(sigh)...Weren't they NEVER there? Doesn't the website only list the TURBO channels, and those three aren't in Turbo?

I swear we just discussed this a couple of days ago...it doesn't list those OR the Fox channels. The website stinks. Stop using it to get yourselves into a froth.

EDIT- Look at the link you posted...it SAYS "TurboHD". Those aren't TurboHD channels. Annoying, yes, but nothing new.

Exactly ... so the fact that they are there now, and in the "wrong" group makes us question ...:confused:

Doesn't make sense to me either. Suscribe to classic 100, get SD Nick, MTV and VH1. Pay $10 extra for the HD upgrade and these channels aren't upgraded.

Have to change packages to get these in HD? In effect a $23 HD upgrade. WTF

Exactly ... so the fact that they are there now, and in the "wrong" group makes us question ...:confused:

I missed that part, but it's still the Turbo channels, so it still has nothing to do with the Classic Bronze HD add on. And the page is disabled now.

Perhaps they actually made a deal for those channels for Turbo Silver. Has no bearing on the Classic Bronze add-on.

AND, if the original poster meant Turbo Bronze...it was never in that package, so the term "no longer" doesn't apply.

We can all agree the website stinks. Hopefully, the page is disabled so they can improve it.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Suscribe to classic 100, get SD Nick, MTV and VH1. Pay $10 extra for the HD upgrade and these channels aren't upgraded.

Have to change packages to get these in HD? In effect a $23 HD upgrade. WTF

Regardless of whether or not the page is correct, THE PAGE IS FOR THE TURBO HD PACKAGES! It has no bearing on this discussion!

If you go to the main Dish page and click on Order Dish Now it takes you here. Now, if you click on "Add HD channels for $10 more!" it gives you a list of the HD channels in each package. This list shows Nick HD, etc in the BronzeHD package.

That channel list is wrong..

When I checked my address it reports that I get...

ALTITUDE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD and a number of other HD RSN's that are not in my area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)