Night of the Living Dead (hd vs. dvd)

kawdog

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 21, 2004
Ruston, Louisiana
I did a comparison of the HD version playing next to my dvd version just to see if I could tell a difference. Well, the HD version looks great, I did not know just how washed out the dvd is. I thought it might be fun to post a pic so people can see the difference. The picture doesn't do it justice but you can get an idea.

I LOVE this Monsters channel.

kaw

Attachments

• night.gif
    night.gif
    131.3 KB · Views: 333
I'm seeing some pretty bad up and down jumping during the quick cuts (the picture bobs down a bit then back up), anyone else seeing this?

Weird.... I wonder if it's a problem with the 1:33 to 16x9 crop but I don't think I've ever seen this before. Do you know who at Voom should be contacted about these kind of things (besides the generic Voom website info form)? I had a question about "Three the Hard Way" also, the scenes looked out of order.

deeann said:
Weird.... I wonder if it's a problem with the 1:33 to 16x9 crop but I don't think I've ever seen this before. Do you know who at Voom should be contacted about these kind of things (besides the generic Voom website info form)? I had a question about "Three the Hard Way" also, the scenes looked out of order.

I would say Wilt but email him privately.

This was by far one of the "funnest" broadcasts so far on the Voom exlusives, can't wait for their Halloween and Nightmare on Elm street marathons.

I noticed that the one on the left is cropped top and bottom, while the one from your DVD on the right is not. I wish that the HD channels would do less editing and just pass through the original format in the highest resolution available. Leave 4:3 in original format and provide 16:9 where available, but please don't change the format from one to the other by editing out content.

uh no, I'm glad it was in widescreen, I didn't miss much by cropping out a few black and white leaves and grass.

It's amaizing the things you see things in the movie you never saw before. I didn't care for the 1990 remake though, everyone was supposed to die :dev

Dvlos, I think the Puppetmaster marathon is this month.

I don't know about how the others feel, but I think Monsters HD is one of the better put together channels. Some of the other channels look like 'oh, the movie's over, we better throw something up there.'

Monsters showed the sequel, Dawn of the Dead, a couple of weeks back. Great to see that one in HD too. Have you ever seen blood so red before? :eek:

Now we need to see Day of the Dead on Monsters.

I really enjoyed the original and remake last night. I also agree that Monsters is a channel that is well done and has unlimited potential. My only problem is I have to work from 8-5 and miss alot of movies :no

kaw

bryan27, damn I was seeing the ads for the Nightmare/Halloween/Friday the 13th movies but only caught Jason goes to Manhattan, don't tell me I joined Voom too late?!

I tuned in to the end of THE Night Of The Living Dead the remake....and was really happy with the transfer. One of the better transfers on MOnsters HD. MonsterHD is without a doubt my favorite ch on VOOM. I could watch some of those horror movies ten times over.

Dvlos said:
bryan27, damn I was seeing the ads for the Nightmare/Halloween/Friday the 13th movies but only caught Jason goes to Manhattan, don't tell me I joined Voom too late?!

I saw a promo yesterday that said all 5 Puppetmaster marathon in June. I've only seen the first one and bits of 2. Last week there was some neat B-Movie about a toy warehouse, a chicken delivery man, and a pregnant cop (with an 18" waste!), but the name eludes me at the moment.

Like Lobo I haven't seen Nightmare advertised either. For some reason I think that series of movies would ask for too much money.

A couple days ago Monsters had all three Amityville Horrors, but it was during the day and I had to actually work :(

After last night's Living Deads I said I would like to see all 3 Omens.

I don't think anyone will have to worry about missing something that was before they were installed. I'm sure Rainbow will air everything in the vaults over and over. Much of the movies I've seen on VOOM are public domain anyway and costs no royalty fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)