Nightmare Service Call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
Have been having pixalation on my HD locals here in Dallas Dish set up service call and now things are worse than ever.Tech arrives OK but first thing he says is the system is pointed perfect must be 622 without even looking at the alignment of the dish.I question him on that statement and of course he has 18 years expertise at putting in systems.
So he goes out and the first thing he does is push on the dish it moves then try's to tell me its the whole roof when I saw only the dish move so his next move was to take everything apart out side starts switching the lines on the DPP44 switch do not know if he ever put the lines back the way they were so for the next 3 hours he works to get anything working.He says he might not be able to get it back to even what it was.
Finally it is back on but worse we called Dish tech support they told him to check the grounds he tells them that it really does not need grounding but he goes out and takes the ground off and reruns the ground to the cable that runs from the breaker box inside to the grounding rod outside the bad thing is he scraped off alot of the insulation covering the ground wire which is not suppose to have bare wire exposed by local code.
Again I mention this to him and get the same I have 18 years experience so he reboots 622 says that is the best that can be done and if it does not get better call dish back by this time all I wanted was him out of my house then as he is leaving he tell me after 10 years with Dish he was tired of their(bad words)and was going to work for Verison.
So about 30 minutes after he leaves call Dish back now the 622 is worse it also now about every minute or two screeches with sound but only on my HD locals
The CSR at tech support was real supportive and set up another service call with a field supervisor and told me that what ever the other guy messed up they would repair.
Sorry just a little venting

Sorry to hear that you got hit with an a$$hole of a wire hacker, but unfortunately dish is loosing more and more of its good techs and just putting whomever they pull out of skidrow into a van to do the work that should be done by good people that give a damn about theyr work.

Van said:
Sorry to hear that you got hit with an a$$hole of a wire hacker, but unfortunately dish is loosing more and more of its good techs and just putting whomever they pull out of skidrow into a van to do the work that should be done by good people that give a damn about theyr work.

I hear ya on that one. Either you get overworked or you spend half the driving across the state going from one appointment to another.

yeah... I enjoyed the tech that came out to install my sisters house. He aimed the dish and tried and tried to get a signal... I kept telling him to move the dish to the left more... he said no... this is where it is... something must be wrong with the receiver... after 30-45 minutes of trying to convince him to move it left.... I told him to humor me... after all, it couldn't hurt..... DING got a great signal as soon as he moved it left....

had a great install on Sun tech arrived on time and asked what did I need. Told him I just got the gold pkg. (a need for Speed chanell) he changed my 500 legacy quad to a dual DP and put a second 500 with DP dual for 129 up and added a DP 34 switch. It all worked great on the first try and a very neat job of wiring including the ground wires, new ground blocks, sealed connecters all under eve of house so no water problems in future if it ever raines and no humidity in Co. all in all great job in less than 2 hrs.This was a E installer.
211,510and 811 in motorhome.

rustamust said:
had a great install on Sun tech arrived on time and asked what did I need. Told him I just got the gold pkg. (a need for Speed chanell) he changed my 500 legacy quad to a dual DP and put a second 500 with DP dual for 129 up and added a DP 34 switch. It all worked great on the first try and a very neat job of wiring including the ground wires, new ground blocks, sealed connecters all under eve of house so no water problems in future if it ever raines and no humidity in Co. all in all great job in less than 2 hrs.This was a E installer.
211,510and 811 in motorhome.

That makes me happy to see at least one install is done right.

I tell ya, as I get older I have less and less patience for people like the tech the original poster dealt with, especially in my own house, I probably would have told him to pack his crap and get the hell out.

On a lighter note, I actually had a fabulous tech come out last week to tend to a problem, its hit or miss I guess - I have had some stinkers too.

JQ

You need to rediscover your first lover, aka right hand bro. Do it yourself and you wont regret it. You run into snags, ask questions here. You cannot explain, grab the digital cam and post, you will be taken care of.

Kandiru said:
You need to rediscover your first lover, aka right hand bro. Do it yourself and you wont regret it. You run into snags, ask questions here. You cannot explain, grab the digital cam and post, you will be taken care of.

Respect the man ( or woman ) that can tackle a mechanical task on their own and respect the man ( or woman ) that can admit they are unable to do it and ask or pay for someone else to do it.

I do most of my own work but my wife is tired of watching me stand on a 20 ft ladder with one leg and one arm imagine she thinks I might fall just because I'm an amputee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)