Nip/Tuck 2009

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Nip/Tuck is a show that bewilders me. It seems like it is TRYING to get me to not watch it anymore.

I've been an avid watcher of the show since it started, and it immediately drew me in with it's ultra-dark storylines and gritty view of the plastic surgery business and all of those involved. I remember when it first came out and plastic surgeons complained about how their business was portrayed. I suppose they thought that the "reality" shows based on them did better justice.

I was happily riding the Nip/Tuck train to Fun Street Station every Tuesday night it was on during seasons 1-3. It appears though that when the train departed for Season 4 that the train went off the tracks via an unexpected detour at "Stupid and Loopy Central."

Amazingly the writers at Nip/Tuck were able to basically make all the characters on the show unlikeable. The McNamaras became a bunch of whiny jerks, Christian became more of a whore than before, the people who took over the firm were about as likeable as Nazi sympathizers, and every episode that had Kimber in it made me want to scream. Let us not forget that this season ended on one of the biggest "Jump the Shark" moments ever with the cast lip-syncing a song throughout various scenes, which ranks up as one of the biggest douche-chill moments in TV history. And let's not forget about the deformed baby and midget love affair angles either.

Season 5 (or rather, the first part of it according to Wikipedia and Tv.com) REALLY pushed me to the limits of tolerance. Again, every character remained unlikeable; with the exception of Christian, who made a gradual progression back into liking. The whole "Hollywood" angle with Sean and the agent and all that crap drove me insane, as well as the COMPLETELY unnecessary angle with Julia's new family and the b*tch daughter who tried to f-up everything for no reason whatsoever. And frankly, I would have thrown a celebration party if Matt, Kimber, and their daughter had been killed in a horrible firey crash. The only thing the writers seemed to do right was not have one of those GOD AWFUL "dream" episodes where for one show, the entire current storyline is disregarded and some whacked out scenario is presented instead. I thought the "If Julia Married Christian" episode was the lowest point in the show's history, until the "Family Reunion 2026" drilled it so low that it started to burn from the Earth's core.

Apparently the writers at Nip/Tuck somehow used psychic beams to discover that I was not happy with their most recent work, and it looks like they have tried to resolve the issues that completely messed up the show. The Hollywood angle was basically eliminated (except for one episode, but I can forgive that,) more focus was brought on the patients as opposed to just the regular main characters (although some of the recent ones have had conditions that are simply laughable and not exactly realistic, for example the Yoga Man), and of course, any episode without Julia in it is always a blessing. Apparently though their machine hadn't received the latest firmware updates and as a result the writers have put in an angle that has really rubbed me the wrong way.

The Christian Troy breast cancer storyline has hit a nerve in me personally because my mother died of breast cancer on Memorial Day of 2008 after a long, hard battle. Now, I'm not one who watches television shows for reality, or for scenarios where I can see myself living the lives of the characters. I watch television to ESCAPE from my reality. When my mother was really ill I basically went on a "Dr. Who" bender because it was enjoyable and so "out there" that nothing in the show would usually ever remind me of all the bad things going on in my life. Also, having instant access to hundreds of episodes made an escape very easy. Seeing Christian dealing with side effects of chemotherapy and having a horrible breast scar constantly brought me back to a reality that I don't like revisting on a Tuesday night after 10pm. It also doesn't help that this happened to Christian, who is my favorite character on the show. Now that it appears he is terminal and will be departing the show, I am not only dealing with an unwelcome angle, but the writing off of one of my favorite characters. Now we're likely dealt with the predictable scenario of finding that miracle experimental drug that keeps the cancer at bay, which conveniently leaves the door open later for the writers to kill him off once the cancer adapts and the medicine can't stop the spreading anymore. Nowadays whenever I watch the show, I have feelings of reservation and fear that my once good friend is going to hurt me again with another whacky angle or storyline that will just make me turn off the show for good.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents on the show and where it's going (although no one asked in the first place.) Anyone else?

The show should of ended in Florida when they made the decision to move to L.A. Ca. Then it would of ended on an upbeat moment , and new beginning so to speak. The we could of just imagined that Christian and Sean would of started over and everyone lived happily ever after. The last two seasons have been the worst of the show. It is time for them to all die in an forest fire/earthquake/mudslide apocolypse . Now that would be a great ending to this sad show. Unfortunately I will continue to watch till the end because this show is like a bad train wreck . You can't help but watch when it is on.

Oh my GOD, I just watched last weeks show. I can't believe the yoga guy said he was tired of sucking his own dick all day. He couldn't hold a job because all he did was stay home in a ball. Then Christian ,when the yoga guy asked him and Sean if they ever tried to suck their own said ; I only missed it by this much.... One of the funniest parts is when the guy from the Hearts and Scaples show ends up with a broken neck because he tried to suck his own . " I just wanted to give it baby kisses and I wanted to taste the nectar!" I especially liked the yoga guy when he was curled up in a ball with his butt in his own face and his tongue a wagging.

PRICELESS!:D

Oh my GOD, I just watched last weeks show. I can't believe the yoga guy said he was tired of sucking his own dick all day. He couldn't hold a job because all he did was stay home in a ball. Then Christian ,when the yoga guy asked him and Sean if they ever tried to suck their own said ; I only missed it by this much.... One of the funniest parts is when the guy from the Hearts and Scaples show ends up with a broken neck because he tried to suck his own . " I just wanted to give it baby kisses and I wanted to taste the nectar!" I especially liked the yoga guy when he was curled up in a ball with his butt in his own face and his tongue a wagging.

PRICELESS!:D
Yeah, well it may have been more humorous had Will Ferrall not done it on SNL years beforehand. That was what got to me.