No ABC,etc for months now.

Kev7274

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
NC
Been without ABC,etc since Nov 2022. My local ABC is out of Charlotte,NC as are a few others that have been dropped. Has anybody heard anything recent?
Been with them for over 15 years and a Local Channel dispute hasn't ever taken this long. I'm contemplating going elsewhere.

Asking them just gets me a "we are working on it" reply.

I'm going to assume it's part of mission broadcasting. I wouldn't get your hopes up. They pulled their programming from directv in October and then dish in December. And no hopes of either company getting it back. Which to me makes no sense as now they aren't receiving money from either company.

I'm going to assume it's part of mission broadcasting. I wouldn't get your hopes up. They pulled their programming from directv in October and then dish in December. And no hopes of either company getting it back. Which to me makes no sense as now they aren't receiving money from either company.
Thanks. If thats the case,it may be time to move on.

fcc.png

Reactions: charlesrshell
WCCB and WSOC along with Asheville's WLOS have Marion translators, but since these are low power signals, you'll might need a rooftop or attic antenna to get reliable reception.

Yeah, some of the Charlotte stations and several of the Asheville stations have Marion translators, but since these are low power signals, you'll probably need a rooftop or attic antenna to get reliable reception.
I do have an antenna in the attic. I don't remember the model though,it's been a while since I put it up there trying to get Locals when they were in talks with CBS years ago. Think I can pick up ABC from that translator?

Think I can pick up ABC from that translator?
The terrain varies in the area, so I would need to see a link to a RabbitEars report for your location. You might have to rotate the antenna if it's pointed towards Charlotte, since WCCB's and WSOC's translators originate from Smith Mountain and WLOS's translator originates from Grant Mountain.

The terrain varies in the area, so I would need to see a link to a RabbitEars report for your location. You might have to rotate the antenna if it's pointed towards Charlotte, since WCCB's and WSOC's translators originate from Smith Mountain and WLOS's translator originates from Grant Mountain.

According to this,it looks like I should be able to pick it up no problem.

You should be good to go for their translators. You're close enough that you might not even have to rotate the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts