No espn-u? Screw you Charlie!

HokieEngineer

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
So I go to check out what channel my beloved Hokies are playing on tonight for the NIT... Guess what? Espn-U. "Oh, must be one of those other espn channels". Scroll through the guide, nope. Check dishchannelchart.com, no mention of it. Crap.

A little more searching reveals this is YET ANOTHER channel only Directv has. Damn, sure glad we have those 100 internationals. I dont care if Charlie has to pay for Espn-U to carry it. Thats how it works, they provide content, he picks it up. When Cable co's and D* have more than him, somethings wrong. Provide it A la carte, I dont care, I want my ESPN-U! I swear this company is living in a fantasy bubble. I hope the SEC pops it and charlie gets his from bubba in prison. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

(rant mode off)

volfan615 said:
Would international channels be considered "NICHE" channels?

Highly profitable $$ "NICHE" channels. If a group of you would be willing to pay $14.95 a month for ESPN-U it would probably appear overnight. :yes

NightRyder

Damn I thought we payed enough.... guess it's time to start feeding the pig again.

Yes I would like ESPN U also. I have thought about switching to Direct TV for this channel but don't really want to as I just bought a new reciever and can't get the superstations with D* either. I really thing Charlie needs to add it though. He just raised our bill and for what a bunch of channels in a language I don't speak? So I'm paying for channels that are in a language I don't speak but he doesn't want to have to raise my bill for a channel I do want?

Dish can put in in their sports pack and it would be a better bargain at only $5.99, besides ESPN would only charge dish 10 cents for each customer watching it...

There are tooooo many ESPN channels now. Dish needs to make you sports fans pay for these channels on you own and quit making everyone who does not watch them pay for them.

i am a sports fan and agree with you. the sports channels are the higest costing channels and non sport fans should not have to pay for them. just like i should not have to be for the style channel, women entertainment, etc. i liked the idea john mccain had where you could purchase the channels you want. if that was the case i would have less then 30 channels.

Exactly. I WOULD pay for it a la carte. When was the last time Charlie went beyond the competition on something? Tnthd? dtv added bravo + nfl hd + eastwest locals hd. If comcast had HDnet i'd be gone in a heartbeat.

ESPNU is not compelling to the masses. Just as HD premium movie channels are not either. As a matter of fact, there is no compelling channel out there SD or HD. ONLY international channels are compelling. Those are the ones that bring the revenue and therefore, we all should be happy and be glad that we have the international channels but not the American Channels. That's E* model for delivering channels. Learn to live with it or go somewhere else. There's nothing more.

Of coarse he aint gonna put it on here, it would take room from Polish television! I'm sure there is plenty of demand since he has (anti)free speech tv on therea nd of coarse, he is making more room for very compelling, highly demanded al jazerra! lmao Funny how he is putting channels on that satisfy terrorists, foreigners, and communist pinkos, but for regualar Amercians, not a damn thing!

I wouldn't subscribe to the top 180 for it as I only have the 120 but I might pay for it seperate not $5.99 but I might pay like $1 or $1.50 or something.

DNSdishdude said:
dude have you noticed that rupert murdock and Charlie are such good friens that murdock would just say oh yeah sure. here have espn-u they hate each other

???? What does Rupert have to do with E* getting ESPN-U, Rupert doesn't own that channel?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)