No LOGO on DISH (yet)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smooth28la

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
So I see DISH has not added LOGO to its lineup.. while Directv, Comcast and other cable companies have.

That's another reason why I must have Adelphia cable for my viewing needs:

HD Firewire (most important)
On-Demand Movies for HBO, Showtime, etc (and i'm paying $5 per channel)
LOGO
HD Locals without extra fee for channel guide.

Dish simply can't catch what cable companies are doing.

I keeping DISH for international and its HDPack.

I do hope that they add this and other channels... I would love The Fine Living Channel as well as Oxygen...

When all the VOOM channels are added late this year or early next, one of them is a similar channel with movies, documentaries, viewer mail etc. I can't think of what they called it.

BFG, I would hope your post wasn't because of severe homophobia. I'm not even gay, and I have found some of the stuff on Logo worth watching thus far. I have the same opinion of SoapNet and some others, but could you see the outcry if that weren't available?

What the heck is logo? Never heard of it. I would like to see them add ESPN U. I think they are really falling behind by not adding any new channels other than HD.

smooth28la said:
So I see DISH has not added LOGO to its lineup.. while Directv, Comcast and other cable companies have.

That's another reason why I must have Adelphia cable for my viewing needs:

HD Firewire (most important)
On-Demand Movies for HBO, Showtime, etc (and i'm paying $5 per channel)
LOGO
HD Locals without extra fee for channel guide.

Dish simply can't catch what cable companies are doing.

I keeping DISH for international and its HDPack.

you can have my logo, it's blocked on my t.v

cobra55 said:
i'm afraid there will be more trash like this, such a waste of channels

Cobra,
And channels like Beauty and Fashion, Fuse, Golf Channel, Reality TV, the 10+ shopping channels, ESPNU, GolTV, Kerioke channel, (should I keep going) aren't? Logo is actually not as much a trash channel as the crap that "free" tv shows during the day like The View, Maury, Jerry Springer, Days of our Lives, General Hospital, and all the other soaps that will be showing your kids more skin, sex, adultry, and disfunction than you will ever get to see on Logo. Get Real, that's the stuff that people should really be complaining about. Where is Focus on the Family with those shows? Looks to me like that may be where our moral decay in this nation is coming from, not so much Will and Grace, the Golden Girls and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy!

G&T said:
I do hope that they add this and other channels... I would love The Fine Living Channel as well as Oxygen...

Oprah wants WAY too much money for Oxygen. Her lawyers wont negotiate. I don't want my monthly rate to go up because she isn't making enough money.

Mistress said:
It is another niche channel; gay-themed.

"Another niche channel"? :confused: Technically, aren't all channels "niche" channels? It's just that some have larger niche's than others.

Who said ESPN U is a waste of a channel I don't know what your smoking but some people like sports and would like to see it on there. Now granted I'm not a huge sports fan but I do like basketball a fair amount and would like to see it added to Dish.

hometheaterman said:
Who said ESPN U is a waste of a channel I don't know what your smoking but some people like sports and would like to see it on there. Now granted I'm not a huge sports fan but I do like basketball a fair amount and would like to see it added to Dish.

To me it's a waste of band width cause we already have like 15 ESPN channels on the line up and though I am a sports fan (Dodgers, Av's, indoor lacrosse) I could absolutely, positively give a rats @ss about college sports. But hometheaterman you make a great point! You said "...some people like sports and would like to see it on there." My argument to that would be, "well, there are some people that are gay (15-25 million though granted not all of them are Dish subscribers ... yet) and would like to see Logo on there. Honestly, if Dish wants to add another espn channel go ahead, but how about giving us a shot at "basic" channel as well! That's all I am saying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)