no longer a dishnetwork cust

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
I was a dishnetwork cust for almost 3 years.Was on auto pay all that time. Well back in Nov of 05 i had my credit card stolen so needless to say my monthly bill was never payed for 2 months. Today in the mail i get my statement from dish telling me how i'm past due and that my receiver was shut off..Well after looking thru my bills and credit card statements i find it was never paid cause i forgot to change the credit card number on my auto pay account.My fault. I called dish took 20 min to get to an actual person.I asked them why wasn't i notified that my credit card was declined back in dec.The guy told me they tried to contact me.I asked how. Couldn't tell me.told him point blank that if u called my cell phone the only number dish has by the way that if i didn't answer it would go to voice mail and that i would've returned there call.So i have this bill now for 106.00 bucks. And i'm thinking to myself that doesn't sound right.First i thought u pay for your services a month in advance.So my last payment in Nov would've payed for dec.Told the tech this that all i owed was around 66.00 dollars to cover Jan and Feb of this year.then he told me that my bill also included a reconnect fee as well.Told the guy just disconnect me.We have the basic channels thru are cable company and only used dish for maybe 4 or 5 channels.tech said he couldn't do that since i had an outstanding bill.he transfered me to a cust retentin rep.told the guy the whole story all over again and he agreed with me that i should've been contacted about non payment when it first happened seeing how i've always paid my bill on time.He offered to turn my receiver back on for free and give me 2 months of free service and all i had to pay was one months fee.Told him no cause i was very dis satisfied with the way this happened and all the hoops i had to jump thru to get a hold of a LIVE person.He then asked me what he can do to keep me as a cust.I said well my local company is offering a free hd dvr receiver free with a 2 year agreement he said i can do that no problem.So we started to go thru all the motions and i asked what would this cost me.he said nothing just an extra 9.99 a month for the hd package. then i asked how about the dvr fee then he said oh u want a hd dvr i said yes then he goes silent for a few minutes comes back on and tells me he can't give m a free hd dvr.he said if i remain a cust till april i can lease one for 99.00.told him why would i pay for one when i can get one free from my local cable company plus all the major networks in hd for 15.00 bucks more a month then what i was paying for dishnetwork.told him when he's able to make the deal give me a call back..So i told him send me a bill for one months of service and we'll call it even..
It's amazing when u threaten to quit how there very willing to give u free receivers providing it is one there pushing.
This was in now way a dish bashing thread. I think there a great company just alot of poor communication..Who knows maybe in a year or 2 i'll sign back up with dish

It sounds to me like Dish was on the verge of winning you back until you asked for the HD-DVR. For a variety of reasons, Dish is very, very tight on those receivers.

As far threatening to quit and THEN Dish tries winning you back. Sad fact of life. No matter who you go thru. Direct TV or any other cable company follows the same set of options. Imagine a flowchart. Customer calls in...customer unsatisfied...try to soothe nerves...and then FINALLY, offer some perks and freebies.

At any rate, good luck with whoever you go with. By next year, the MPEG4 situation will be a bit better and all the guinea pigs...ERR!!, I mean new customers...will have worked out all the bugs.

In about another year or two they are going to have to offer me something to stay or I'm switching after a few fiasco's I had with them.

if i remain a cust till april i can lease one for 99.00.
Well, if they're too stupid to take proper care of their 921 owners by giving the $99 622 lease - WITHOUT returning the box I paid $1000 to OWN, then I'll just cancel and have winback do it.

Sorry to hear what you went though. Hope the future is brighter.

So they offered you a $99 622? Or did they not specify the model?

Because the word on the street is the only people getting the $99 622 models are the 921/942 owners.

If retention is giving them for $99 instead, then, well, those are the people to call. Assuming you aren't under any current contract that you couldn't cancel if you wanted to...

Well it sucks that your wallet and CC's got stolen and that you forgot that you had a utility on credit card auto pay, I get a paper statement and an email statement for each month so it must be that you dont get either wich isnt good and if you had then you could have avoided this mess.

i don't get a paper bill and my isp marks the dish bill as spam.he didn't mention which hd-dvr it was but he was talking about vip so i assume it was the 622

well, if it is $99 retention deal, I will be calling them as soon as I get feedback from the early beta testers on whether the 622 is bug free.

I'd gladly return my owned model 721 to them for a $99 leased 622 as it would take the crappy 6000HD out of my life forever, and let me watch more content on my Plasma.

lime4x4 said:
It's amazing when u threaten to quit how there very willing to give u free receivers providing it is one there pushing.
This was in now way a dish bashing thread. I think there a great company just alot of poor communication..Who knows maybe in a year or 2 i'll sign back up with dish

It didn't work for me a few years ago. Essentially they said "bye" after 3 or so years. Didn't work for me.. :(

he was trying his best but like i said why would i want to pay for it if i can get it free thru another company?? Also if i go with cable i get all the major networks in hd as well.Dish has no idea when they will be offering the networks in hd

Back in August I decided to try D* for the Sunday Ticket. When I called in to cancel my E* account I expected them to make me some offers to stay. I had been with them for 7.5 years and had 5 receivers (3 DVRs) and the AEP plus distant east/west networks and superstations. About $119 per month on autopay. And I had paid full retail for all of my receivers except one promo on a 510 a couple years ago. I expected them to throw me some kinda sweet deal to stay even though I wouldn't have taken it. I was offered nada. No programming discounts or deals on cooler receivers. The CSR said I hate to hear you're leaving and if we can be of service in the future please call us back. They sure know how to make your business feel appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)