No More OTA Guide Data

hammerdown

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
Northern California
I do not sub to local (Sacramento) or HD local channels, but was getting guide data on my Vip211 on OTA locals for a month or so. But today it's back to "Digital Service". FU Dish for teasing us again then removing this feature.

Hammer

while it still pisses me off... if you have a DVR it can be very useful having the local package added to your account... especially when you record 2 or more local network programs (OTA + 2x LIL!)

But I agree it should still be free, at least basic (1 or 2 days of) guide data.

My 811 and 211 have had guide data for about a month. I do not subscribe to Dish locals or distants. Now guide data is gone.

I think dish does it for the obvious cash reasons but I think they also do it so some people won't realize that they don't need dish for their HD locals.

while it still pisses me off... if you have a DVR it can be very useful having the local package added to your account... especially when you record 2 or more local network programs (OTA + 2x LIL!)

But I agree it should still be free, at least basic (1 or 2 days of) guide data.

With just having gotten a 622 and wanting to watch two different local stations on two different TVs at the same time, it seems we might have to purchase the locals package. It would be convenient to record two locals at the same time as well, and so I guess if I get locals through DISH I will still be able to see OTA locals on TV1?

Here in SLC, of the locals through DISH there are only 3 in HD. OTA there are lot more, and I have been enjoying channel 7 (Local PBS) in HD. The DISH list does not include this as HD. :(

So my question is... if we get Dish locals, we still will see OTA locals on TV1 as well as seeing Dish locals? Thanks. :)

Oh and what does LIL stand for, been reading that a lot. :p

When dish installed release L3.41 on the 211, it accidently 'I assume, provide the OTA local guide data. When they upgraded to L3.42, they corrected this. There must have been something wrong with L3.42 because after a day or 2 they went back to L3.41. This week they installed L3.43 and the guide data is gone. What a cheap bunch of folks. You pay $60 or more a month but they won't give you the info unless you ante up $5 more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)