no music?

Lurker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 18, 2006
All of my SIRIUS channels and DISH CD channels have gone silent. The channel tunes in but there is no sound. All other channels work fine. What is up?

Rebooted several times... been this way for at least a couple weeks. Any idea what could cause it?

Silly question... do you have HD only package and have your sound set to DD only?

If so, go to the audio settings (Menu + 6) and change the setting from DD Only to PCM/DD.

See ya
Tony

Using old-fashioned L/R analog audio cables for sound and old-fashioned 3000 receiver. It has worked fine for many years with this setup. Recently the music-only channels went silent, but the rest of the channels still have sound. Has Dish made any changes in the encoding or format of the music channels incompatible with my old receiver?

Call dish and tell them you need a rehit. (It won't be that simple but that is what it will amount too) If the reboot didn't do it it is probably silent because the card has lost the authorization for some reason.

Is it an authorization problem? I can tune to the channels just fine, can see the banner and description, but no sound. No error message like I get on unsubscribed channels.

I checked the coax channel 3 output, and it is the same. All CD and SIRIUS channels have no sound, all other channels have sound. Any technical experts here who can explain (or speculate) what could cause this?

I fixed it. Turns out I needed to swap out the yellow card for a purple card. When did these purple cards come? I found it in a pile of old mail, but I don't remember getting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)