No network feeds for Pocketdish on the VIP 622

bestboff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
Pasadena, CA
I just got a message on my my Vip 622 that the standard definition channels for the networks have been reassigned to the local channel numbers. This is a big deal if you have a Pocketdish. You cannot transfer any HD programming to Pocketdish. It's not compatable. So by re assigning the standard def channels to the local numbers, that means the VIP 622 can only view and record the high def versions of the networks.:mad: So the Pocketdish will no longer be able to view any network programing. The channels in Los Angeles that are being reassigned are 242, 244, 246, and 248. My guess is they are dropping those channels because of the distant local mess and didn't consider anyone needing the standard def feeds of the networks. I live in the Los Angeles area and these are my local channels.

Pocketdish And Locals

I can transfer stuff in sd from my pocket dish, here in chicago locals are in the 8491 plus channels and you can transfer that way. La locals are also in the 8000's as when I had distants they were they for NY and LA.

Los Angeles SD Locals are on channels 8000 - 8023. Sounds like they are just getting rid of the mirrors in 2xx range, no big deal. If you have timers set for those channels just point them to the correct channels in the 8000 range. The 622 has an option for which locals (HD or SD) get preference in the local channel mapping.

NightRyder

LOL, sounds like its a "PocketBrick" fr you now. I would wonder why you cannot transfer HD programming to your PocketDish, the Series3 TiVo Allows you to transfer it to a laptop! I would not panic though, if programming for TV2 is able to go on Coax, I am sure your pocketdish will be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts