No OTA signal with 722

TomT223

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 8, 2007
Texas
Today I hooked up an OTA antenna and attached it to my 722 receiver but it reads 0 signal strength on all local channels and won't lock in. It's not the antenna because when I hook it up directly to the TV I get an excellent picture. What's going on?

Ran the scan. It picked up all the local channels on the scan but won't allow me to add them because it won't lock any channel in.

I have my ota hooked up directly to the television. I get the locals in my area but have that as a backup for when I lose the signal in a storm.
I tried hooking the ota up to my 722 also and had the same problem. Never could find the ota channels through the 722. Tried it through the 222 and had the same problem. Hooked up directly to the tv I get everything in my area.
Just hook up it to the back of the tv and switch inputs when you need to. Pain in the butt solution I know.

I have my ota hooked up directly to the television. I get the locals in my area but have that as a backup for when I lose the signal in a storm.
I tried hooking the ota up to my 722 also and had the same problem. Never could find the ota channels through the 722. Tried it through the 222 and had the same problem. Hooked up directly to the tv I get everything in my area.
Just hook up it to the back of the tv and switch inputs when you need to. Pain in the butt solution I know.

But that won't allow me to record anything through the DVR, which was the whole point in getting it.

Check the "Analog type" setting in the HDTV setup option (menu - 6 - 8) and make sure it is set to "OffAir" any other setting and you won't get any OTA.

Sometimes the scan does not pick up the channel correctly. Try to manually enter the transit numbers.

His problem seems to be that the receiver receives the appropriate channels but won't lock. The lack of PSIP data would explain this but there might be other causees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)