No Phoneline and only wireless internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Care to explain how it would be tied to MRV? Also, will I have to pay for the wireless adapter or will in be included in my instillation?

Care to explain how it would be tied to MRV? Also, will I have to pay for the wireless adapter or will in be included in my instillation?

You'll have to have a router or the D* Internet kit.

You do not need internet to have MRV.
The wireless internet would allow you to do the On Demand stuff.

Theres a lot of info here about how the MRV works, I don't use it, so someone else can probably explain it better.

I see. The Customer Service Rep I talked to told me that the professional instillation would include get my wireless internet hooked up. Should I tell the installer this?

I see. The Customer Service Rep I talked to told me that the professional instillation would include get my wireless internet hooked up. Should I tell the installer this?

If your order says anything about the internet kit on it you'll be good to go.

Are you talking about a wireless connection to your router or do you have a wireless connection from your LAN to your ISP? Either should work if the wireless connection is working well. I have Clear (wireless ISP) and my router is connected to the wireless modem. The router is also connected to the DECA cloud with a DECA adapter. It works fine for MRV, On Demand, Media Share, etc.

My wireless internet connection is good. I am able to stream stuff very well with my PS3 so I am hoping that my On Demand will be fast also. I called D* again to confirm that this would work and they said it would and I would not be charged for the wireless adapter that I needed, so my fingers are crossed that it works.

They dont have wireless adaptors. Well I should say I have never seen one. Direct may say they have them, but getting one is another thing. Anyway You will need to have a router that the DECA unit can connect to. You can't just connect a wireless adaptor to the receiver that will disable the MRV.

If you don't have a router then don't expect to have your system connected to the internet. Just giving you a real world answer here.

They dont have wireless adaptors. Well I should say I have never seen one. Direct may say they have them, but getting one is another thing. Anyway You will need to have a router that the DECA unit can connect to. You can't just connect a wireless adaptor to the receiver that will disable the MRV.

If you don't have a router then don't expect to have your system connected to the internet. Just giving you a real world answer here.

Directv did supply Linksys WGA600N and WET610N wireless adapters (also powerline adapters) but I think they stopped doing this when DECA was introduced.

It would be possible to connect a DECA adapter (plus power supply) to a wireless adapter to make the connection to a wireless router, although a wired ethernet connection would be better.

I talked to a Directv Tech and she guaranteed that it would work (wireless adapter being able to get On Demand and MRV) and it would be hooked up free of charge. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if she was right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.