No Saturday Fight. Again!

omard.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 16, 2003
Berwyn, Illinois
I'm so upset with Voom not offering the fight this Saturday. I have Dish and Voom and I'm thinking of getting rid of Voom and sticking with Dish. I can't have a service that does not have ppv. All they tell me is that soon they will have it. How hard can it be to get ppv? It's just more money for them they don;t need to offer it for free. I just know the minute I cancel Voom they will get ppv and I will be stuck paying alot to get them back. God this sucks!

Felix "Tito" Trinidad vs. Ricardo "El Matador" Mayorga
Saturday, October 2, 2004. Live on HBO Pay-Per-View from Madison Square Garden

As much as I like a live fight, it is an HBO PPV event so you know it will be on next week. HBO has said that after the Jones Jr. fight, ALL fights will be in HD, you gotta love that!

Besides, there is a Klitschko fight on Showtime this Saturday, so you can get your fix.

--Dan

It's not the Trinidad-Mayorga fight, but Showtime will have 3 good fights, Saturday Oct.2 and they will be in HD. Wladimir Klitschko (42-3,39 KOs) vs DaVarryl Williamson (20-2,17KOs)...Verno Phillips(38-8-1,20KOs) vs Kassim Ouma(19-1-1,13KOs)...Jeff Lacy(16-0,13KOs) vs Syd Vanderpool(35-2,23KOs)

It is too bad that they still haven't gotten PPV.

Assuming they do at some point, I'm hoping they'll let us order online in addition to other methods. I don't have my receiver hooked to a phone line, and I don't want to anytime in the near future.

Is Mayorga the guy who lights up a cigarette after the fight? Eats fried chicken on the scale at the weigh in? Love that guy, if its him.

Thanks,
--Dan

Ok this is like torture Sean.
Define Soon.
End of the month, end of the year, end of my time here on earth(I am not a young man, I hope this list is in chronological order)?

Feel free to lie, the evil cable company that promised a DVR on October 1st
now does not know when it might be introduced.

Kentstater72 said:
Feel free to lie, the evil cable company that promised a DVR on October 1st
now does not know when it might be introduced.

There are a lot of satellite TV haters out there. Yesterday I was talking about HD to a guy (who even has a HD set) and he is holding out for HD cable. He says our local provider will have it in January. Ha Ha, for years they have been saying "6 months to a year", "early 04", "early 05", there is no end to the lies. Same thing happened for cable internet, they said "within the year" for like 5 years. Its even sadder because when cable gets HD, there will probably be like 4 or 5 channels-they have got nothing on Voom. I say, why wait?

I am not hot on PPV, but I hope Voom has the sense to not lie. It is bad for their reputation. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

--Dan

No lying guys. There are technical software issues with PPV that needs to be worked out and once those are resolved... Voila... you will have it... The other phase of it is that once it is up and running, fill it with HD content. So I think it will be in your receivers soon. Can't tell you time because I have not been told anytime.

And who has IEE-1394 except for Comcast cable?? I think you are expecting too much since HDTIVO and 921 does not have firewire. You need to go cable if you want FIREWIRE that's reality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts