No signal for 119..Have SD

gongura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
This is been happening for over a month. I get the 119 bird intermittently. Have a SD with a DP34 switch and a 311 receiver. I did the check switch and cannot get the 119 but do get the 110 (signal strength >100) and the 121 (signal strength 60). Why is this happening. I replaced the DP34 switch (after unsuccessfully changing the ports), checked to make sure all the connections (LNB, near the switch, near the receiver etc) are tight. Please help. Getting quite frustrated with the ERROR lost Satellite signal message.

The two big trouble-calls I run into on the 105 and 121 SD's are (1) limited line-of-site and bad LNB's. Keep in mind the "window" on this dish is over 10 degrees; almost 15 degrees with the SD 105 :eek: If you installed this dish yourself, you probably peaked on the zip-coded AZ and EL. That's fine. But once again, remember that you are trying to pull in 3 different birds (can you tell my gut instinct says, "line-of-site issue" ;) ). Either way, I hope this helps

I think a simple re-peak might be all it takes.

Note that signal strength numbers are MEANINGLESS without the transponder number.

Always report TPs 11 & 12 for 110 & 119. I forget what the "good" report TPs are for 121.

121 Should be at least in the 80's. Last 121 dish i did had 119-120 110-100 121-90

If you get 65-70 with a 105 you're pretty good.

gonggura, I had a similar problem. It turned out to be a bad LNB. I had a dish 500 with 2 legacy dual LNBs. I confirmed that it was the LNB by swapping the 119 and 110 LNBs. (Before I swapped them 119 was intermittent. After swapping, 110 was intermittent). I replaced the LNBs with a DishPro Plus Twin and the problem was corrected.

If you're getting 121 and 110 then line of sight isn't the issue. You might be out of alignment a bit but even so, with 60 on 121 you should have around 80 on 119. I'm willing to bet the lnb is bad but you might also have something wrong with the line from the 119 port to the 34 switch.

Tony S said:
gonggura, I had a similar problem. It turned out to be a bad LNB. I had a dish 500 with 2 legacy dual LNBs. I confirmed that it was the LNB by swapping the 119 and 110 LNBs. (Before I swapped them 119 was intermittent. After swapping, 110 was intermittent). I replaced the LNBs with a DishPro Plus Twin and the problem was corrected.

I do have the Dishpro LNB's (came with the SD installation). Will Dish replace the LNB's? I already replaced my DP34. Is it worth paying Dish $99 for the service call and get everything right? Please advise

Signal strength for 121 varies, but yours should be higher. another question have you tried swapping the cables at the lnb's? Change the 121 and 119 around just to verify it isn't the cable

Most likely you have a bad LNBF. But you could have a line of sight issue 110 and 119 are about 10 degrees different but 119 and 121 are only a couple degrees apart and lower in the sky that could be the reason your 121 is reading low. What part of the country do you live in and how is your tree situation?

Will swap the cables to the LNB's and see if it is a bad LNB. regarding the low reading on the 121, I live in San Jose and have the SD mounted in the backyard (on the fence post). The SD is facing the rear of the building (ie townhouse) but I used to get 75 on the 121, not sure why it dropped to 60+ :-(

rowemance said:
Most likely you have a bad LNBF. But you could have a line of sight issue 110 and 119 are about 10 degrees different but 119 and 121 are only a couple degrees apart and lower in the sky that could be the reason your 121 is reading low. What part of the country do you live in and how is your tree situation?

119 signal problem solved

This site is a god send!. Seriously, I was about to call a Dish techinician after trying out all but one of the suggestions. Yesterday I switched the cables going into the LNB's and voila I get all the subscribed channels. Hopefully this is not a short lived experience! Thanks everyone for the advice!

I had this happen on my 921. It couldn't see 119, but when I unplugged the sat1 and sat2 inputs and reversed them it cleared right up.

An advanced tech told me that this reinitializes the tuner. Hey, whether that explanation is true or not, it cleared up a messy problem for me easily enough.......

here is the home transponders you should view when checking your signal:

119 T19 & T20
110 T20 & T21
61.5 T29
148 T19
105 T02 & T23
121 T16 & T21

Back to square one. Installed a 811, ordered HD and now I can't see 119 despite a hard boot of the receiver and doing check switch etc. Is this a case of a bad lnb? Or is it line of sight since this occured even after I swapped the cables leading to the LNB's os is it the 811? But then if its a line of sight issue then why did I get all the 119 channels in the first place? I get 105 signal on the 110 and a 60+ on the 121 but no signal for the 119. I am confused, can someone advise as to what is going wrong. hate tp pay the $100+ dollars to Dish for a service call.

Any tech who does not have a birddog is wasting time and money. I have sold BDs to guys that swear by the analog meters who would not go back now.

where can I get a 119 LNB? Should I just call Dish and order or is there a cheaper way? I tried repeaking as SSimon suggested (moving the SD without unbolting). Still get the 121 and the 110 but no 119. Tried swaping the cables between the 121 and 119 and still no 119. The connections at the lnb and the DP34 are all checked to be tight. I live in the 95138 zipcode and the installer had my SD at 47 degrees EL, the AZ also looks right? What could be the problem? Is this a case of a bad lnb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)